View Full Version : low flush, check raised

chrismystero
06-17-2007, 02:13 AM
readless.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $9.85
CO: $7.35
Hero: $8.80
SB: $31.10
BB: $12.35

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.4, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.2</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $0.4</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($1.6, 3 players)
BB checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

River: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.6, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $0.1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $4.1</font>, CO folds, Hero ??

vixticator
06-17-2007, 02:25 AM
BB checks PF, minraised flop OOP, checks turn, check-raises river. WTF? Oh, you should fold PF. River is... call? I just want to know what he could possibly have at this point because nothing adds up.

LordBrun
06-17-2007, 02:28 AM
As mentioned, calling preflop is the first mistake. As played on the flop, put in a substantial raise and evaluate his action. What is your reasoning for checking the turn? It looks like BB was trying to see a cheap river with that minraise on the flop. On the river you have nothing really, just fold.

chrismystero
06-17-2007, 02:34 AM
from what has been mentioned above:

"you have nothing, fold"
i dont think its quite "nothing", i do have a flush.

and i dont think limping 4 2 suited on the button after a limp behind me with position for the hand is bad with deepstacks

vixticator
06-17-2007, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and i dont think limping 4 2 suited on the button with position for the hand is bad with deepstacks

[/ QUOTE ]You aren't playing with a full stack. If you raised PF, I would like it better but it would still be bad. 42s is good to play from the big blind when no one raises. That's it.

filsteal
06-17-2007, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and i dont think limping 4 2 suited on the button with position for the hand is bad with deepstacks

[/ QUOTE ]You aren't playing with a full stack. If you raised PF, I would like it better but it would still be bad. 42s is good to play from the big blind when no one raises. That's it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Readless, at least. Obv could be a raise from BTN if blinds are tight, etc.

I don't think this hand was supposed to be about the pre-flop decision, though.

Genz
06-17-2007, 05:26 AM
without having read the whole thread: fold preflop. With one limper you don't have the implied odds to go fishing with that crap.

Flop is ok, because he minraised.

River is weird. BB took an extremely weird line: c/r flop, c turn, c/r river. He either has made a bigger flush or hit a gutshot/2pair or something. Your river raise is pretty wack, i.e. too small (make it 1.1 in that 1.7 pot or something like that), that makes the call awkward. Hm. since you played that hand to hit a flush, I don't think you should let it go because you are afraid of a bigger flush. They are kind of rare. But... well... don't play hands that you usually draw at the nut low with preflop, basically.

Genz
06-17-2007, 05:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and i dont think limping 4 2 suited on the button after a limp behind me with position for the hand is bad with deepstacks

[/ QUOTE ]

That is very wrong because you can only win the amount of YOUR STACK from everyone else. And you don't even have a full stack. So for you, everyone is playing with that 88 BB stack effectively unless his stack is smaller.