PDA

View Full Version : Do You C-Bet Here?

allingator
06-17-2007, 02:05 AM
Taking a scenario from Harrington on Holdem Vol.1, you raise 88 from the CO and the BB calls. The flop comes:

A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Harrington suggests you shouldn't c-bet this flop because it is very likely to have hit your opponents hand in some way. Does anyone agree with this? To me it seems quite reasonable to c-bet here, considering you were the aggressor in the hand and can easily represent a high card hand that hit this flop very hard. The BB is calling PF with low-medium PP's and other hands that are going to have to fold to a bet on this board such a large portion of the time.

Maybe I am trying to relate 6max cash games and tournament play, but I feel I would be c-betting this in any HU situation like this.

WordWhiz
06-17-2007, 03:29 AM
I'll frequently grit my teeth and c-bet this in a cash game. Oddly, a c-bet will work better here against a good player than a bad one. Good players don't call preflop raises with stuff like A6 or KT; bad players do. Good players will more likely have small pocket pairs and suited connectors and fold to your c-bet. Bad ones will hang around.

futuredoc85
06-17-2007, 11:08 AM
this depends a lot on stacksizes and the size of the pot

smbruin22
06-17-2007, 12:45 PM
i remember the section/example somewhat and thought the same thing.... was it heads-up? in that case, i think i'd C-Bet automatically as you could easily have A-goodX pre-flop (if i'm reading correctly). good point on the good/bad opponent by others. often i think my opponent shouldn't be calling but i'm way behind.

afadeyi
06-19-2007, 12:30 PM
what will you do if he calls or raises??

Shocker101
06-19-2007, 04:25 PM
FOLD and stop betting

soon2bepro
06-19-2007, 06:31 PM
What's the stack to blind relation?

Usually you don't cbet this flop in a tourney, whereas you do in cash against good opponents. (not against bad ones who won't even fold QJ here)

netstorm
06-19-2007, 06:56 PM
whoa! You guys want to cbet on a wet board like that?! There's a (made) straight (draw), a flush draw, and 3 broadways. I check behind like 90% of the time here.
The other 10% I save for people to whom I have a special read.

allingator
06-19-2007, 09:37 PM
You showed strength PF, there's no reason why you couldn't be on the A or the K or both, this flop generally hits you hard in your opponents mind if you have any respect at all.

Obviously you don't give up on every flop you lead PF if theres a flush or straight draw out, it's too unlikely your opponent even caught any of it to be scared heads up.

ps. why is this thread in micro stakes, isn't it theory?