PDA

View Full Version : 25NL River Overbet

whyherro
06-17-2007, 01:51 AM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $.1/$.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $45
UTG+1: $75
CO: $25
Hero: $20
SB: $10
BB: $65

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $0.5</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls $0.5 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $2.25)</font>, BB folds.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif ($2.25, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $3.25</font>, Hero calls, 2 folds.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($5.00, 2 players)
CO checks, Hero checks.

River: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif ($5.0, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets all in

No reads, first couple hands at table and I don't use PT or PAHUD. Who calls river and what range do we expect villain to be making that play with?

filsteal
06-17-2007, 01:57 AM
I think you need to fold the flop, first of all.

As played, villain would have to be a colossal weirdo to shove a flush river for 4x pot with just top pair, which is basically what you're hoping for if you call this.

vixticator
06-17-2007, 02:02 AM
I would 3-bet PF on button (and buy-in full). You can't smooth call a bet and raise on this flop. Can't raise either. Fold flop.

filsteal
06-17-2007, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would 3-bet PF on button (and buy-in full). You can't smooth call a bet and raise on this flop. Can't raise either. Fold flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah calling is probably the worst option here pre-flop. 3-bet it or fold.

whyherro
06-17-2007, 02:05 AM
For those saying to fold the flop, are you squarely putting villain on AK, a set, or Axc?

vixticator
06-17-2007, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For those saying to fold the flop, are you squarely putting villain on AK, a set, or Axc?

[/ QUOTE ]It was raised PF, you called. Then before your action it went bet and raise. You have top pair, second kicker. In limit call this down or even raise somewhere but no-limit you have to protect yourself against getting stacked in this situation.

filsteal
06-17-2007, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]It was raised PF, you called. Then before your action it went bet and raise. You have top pair, second kicker. In limit call this down or even raise somewhere but no-limit you have to protect yourself against getting stacked in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. And don't forget, what are we supposed to do if we call the flop and the other villain re-raises, besides cry?

We're folding partly because we're assuming one or the other villain, most likely the raiser, has one of those hands, and partly because this situation is a reverse implied odds nightmare for us if we call.

chrismystero
06-17-2007, 02:39 AM
disregarding what to do on preflop, flop, turn, etc. I always call this river

filsteal
06-17-2007, 02:42 AM
For those wanting to call this river (as played), do you srsly think villain shoves for 4x pot on a flush river OOP with TPTK?

If not, then you're hoping this is a bizarro bluff.

Lurker.
06-17-2007, 02:48 AM
i hate your flop call, easy fold imo.

river is tough, but at the micros overbets are usually for value.