PDA

View Full Version : 25NL Extracting Value w/ bottom 2

bored
06-17-2007, 01:18 AM
BTN is obviously loose, has played every single hand in the 6 or so hands I've been at the table. I've already taken a little bit of money off him and then this hand came up.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $18.00
Hero (BB): $33.10
UTG: $25.50
MP: $7.75
CO: $14.60
BTN: $45.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, BTN calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.25) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.50, SB folds

Turn: ($4.25) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.15</font>, BTN calls $3.15

River: ($10.55) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $5.25</font>, Hero calls $5.25

Pot Size: $21.05 ($1 Rake)

I lead the flop for value as I didn't trust anyone to bet (the table had been playing pretty passively as evidenced by this hand).

I don't really care too much about the 7 on the turn although it does set up a flush draw, so I bet again.

I don't really care for the river card, as it completes the bdfd and some crazy straights that I can't see this guy having. It also gives T9 a better hand than me, which he might be holding. I'm not real sure what this guy has, so I figured I'll check/call and hope he takes a stab at the pot (I think he'll bet more hands than he'll call with).

Does anyone lead the river here? If so, why?

TheDespot
06-17-2007, 01:24 AM
Std IMO. Nice hand.

filsteal
06-17-2007, 01:25 AM
Why do you think he'll bet more hands than he'll call with? I'd think it would be the reverse if he had 9x, which seems reasonably likely given your description of him.

I think I'd lead the river for about $5, and fold to a raise.

bored
06-17-2007, 01:44 AM
I thought he could have a 9, 4, 3, a PP, or maybe even a worse hand like A high. He could have /images/graemlins/spade.gifs as well, or T9. I figured he'd bet any of that if I checked, but he might fold lower pairs if I bet.

*shrug* Perhaps I just wanted to keep the pot small because I was afraid I'd gotten drawn out on.

filsteal
06-17-2007, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought he could have a 9, 4, 3, a PP, or maybe even a worse hand like A high. He could have /images/graemlins/spade.gifs as well, or T9. I figured he'd bet any of that if I checked, but he might fold lower pairs if I bet.

*shrug* Perhaps I just wanted to keep the pot small because I was afraid I'd gotten drawn out on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a check might be okay if there were more possible missed draws for him to have. As it stands, the only reasonable flop draw was 65, which got there anyway.

A weaker player might be limping a ton of 9x hands here, and 9x is very likely to check behind here since A) an overcard came, and B) the flush came (it's backdoor, but that doesn't mean it won't worry villain).

Rollos
06-17-2007, 02:11 AM
I don't see the point of checking the river unless you are planning to c/r him. Just lead for fiveish.