PDA

View Full Version : 25NL Drawing to flushes on paired boards?

bored
06-17-2007, 01:02 AM
Previous info on UTG says he is 42/24/2.5.

I was pretty confused on this hand. I think I read somewhere that drawing to flushes on a paired board was not a good thing to do; is that true?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

Hero (SB): $41.70
BB: $20.60
UTG: $40.60
MP: $29.90
CO: $25.00
BTN: $14.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, MP folds, CO checks, BTN calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.15, BB checks

Flop: ($1.25) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.00</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $1.00, 2 folds

Turn: ($3.25) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.65</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $5.30</font>, Hero calls $2.65

River: ($13.85) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets all-in for $34.05</font>, Hero calls $34.05

Pot Size: $81.95 ($3 Rake)

vixticator
06-17-2007, 01:09 AM
Raise PF. Bet/call river. With those numbers this should be just a nine most of the time. He would have raised PF with a pocket pair.

MaltbyStu
06-17-2007, 01:14 AM
I'm not familiar with the drawing to flushes bit, not at this limit anyway.

With this guys numbers I'm not worried about a FH. I think youplayed it fine upto the river. I would lead out on the river and hope he raises so I can get it AI.

Stu

TheDespot
06-17-2007, 01:20 AM
Eek. This might have to be a baluga fold. The flop call followed my the turn minraise is pretty much always a monster. Only thing is it could just be a set of 9's here. Your backdoor flush obviously isn't very obvious. I noticed UTG just limped PF. What hands did you observe him doing this with? I can't lie, as I'd probably make the crying call and give myself a fresh slap on the face when he shows me a boat. Also, he just flat called on the flop, which would make me lean towards a river call even more. I don't use stats packages so I'm not sure what these numbers mean. First is preflop hand % played I believe and I don't know the other two. Anyways, I don't think a standard player smooth calls with 9-8 or A-9 on this flop. He may have A-A, but his PF % played is high enough where this isn't too likely. And I hate giving this crappy answer, but drawing to flushes on paired boards is not always bad. Depends on the situation. The reason why that is said is because you could be up against a boat. For example, if there's a preflop raise and the board comes Ks-Qs-Qx and you hold a flush draw it is a lot more likely someone could have a full house or be drawing to one than if the flop comes 8s-3s-3x and you hold spades, so I'd draw in the second situation but probably not the first (probably not the greatest example, but this gives a general overview).

bored
06-17-2007, 01:24 AM
24 is preflop raise percentage.
2.5 is aggression factor which is (raise % + bet %)/call%.
Basically he is 2.5 times more likely to raise or bet than to call.

bored
06-17-2007, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not familiar with the drawing to flushes bit, not at this limit anyway.

With this guys numbers I'm not worried about a FH. I think youplayed it fine upto the river. I would lead out on the river and hope he raises so I can get it AI.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I planned to c/r him AI because I thought he'd bet the river. I didn't plan on his shove though.