PDA

View Full Version : 50NL AK TPTK line check

BevillTheDevil
06-16-2007, 10:15 PM
villian is 35/14/2 after 190 hands no really good reads tho..just wanted a line check

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $103.85
CO: $35.63
Button: $100.72
Hero: $96.25
BB: $25.45

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
2 folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ($7.5, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($17.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $14</font>, Button calls.

River: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ($45.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $20</font>, Button ...

Chomp
06-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Seeing that lovely girl falling over all the time makes me sad. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thinking about the hand...

Learning
06-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Line looks fine. Checking on the river looks way too weak, but I think you have to fold to a shove here, esp since he he's still got around $80 behind.

syn
06-16-2007, 10:24 PM
that's a very scary river card, especially for just one pair.

I think i'd check call this depending on villain's tendencies. You say no reads, so i might check fold this to a reasonable sized bet

am i being too weak?

orange
06-16-2007, 10:26 PM
vn. i might lead river a bit more.

kaz2107
06-17-2007, 02:17 AM
river bet is terrible. r u planning on calling a shove?!?!?! if not why make ur river bet look so damn weak thus inducing a bluff at times. make it like 32 or sumtin and if he shoves it is an easy fold.

BevillTheDevil
06-17-2007, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
river bet is terrible. r u planning on calling a shove?!?!?! if not why make ur river bet look so damn weak thus inducing a bluff at times. make it like 32 or sumtin and if he shoves it is an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought w/ the ~1/2 PSB id get value out of other Ax hands and larger enough for him not to bluff me off...figured the larger bet would fold out weaker 1 pair hands

Lurker.
06-17-2007, 02:50 AM
i like blocking this river....i think you bet a bit small though, maybe like 28.

jessyj07
06-17-2007, 03:37 AM
I'm having alot of trouble trying to even figure his hand out. It seems like he has the flush an enormous amount of the time. He's 35/14 so I assume he raises KK/88/JJ/KJ on the button when folded to him, 66 is just not very likely and neither is 33. IMO his most likely hands are a flush and 8xdd so this seems like check and fold to any reasonable bet.

kaz2107
06-17-2007, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought w/ the ~1/2 PSB id get value out of other Ax hands and larger enough for him not to bluff me off...figured the larger bet would fold out weaker 1 pair hands

[/ QUOTE ]u didnt even make a 1/2 pot bet. i a tag player bet this amount on that river i am shoving like everytime. look sooooo weak.

Sotiria
06-17-2007, 04:11 AM
Yah, that bet screams, "I'm really scared of this river card, please raise all-in."

BevillTheDevil
06-17-2007, 04:15 AM
well riv is basically a blank, villian wasnt aggro i checked his river AF and raise % both low so didnt think he'd raise bluff/semibluff river...but next time ill make it more /images/graemlins/smile.gif

by the way he called w/ KT

cooker3
06-17-2007, 04:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well riv is basically a blank,

[/ QUOTE ]
What, how do you figure that, the flush hit which is a big part of his range,
The bet is fairly horrible imo, it looks like what it is 1 pair hand who is scared by the flush

BevillTheDevil
06-17-2007, 04:49 AM
oops last post i didnt look back up and forgot it was another club my bad

cooker3
06-17-2007, 04:59 AM
I hoped you realised it when you played the hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Genz
06-17-2007, 05:03 AM
does the fact that both of the players are deep stacked here change anything for you when you play a TPTK hand oop? I mean, I'm sure wondering what he is calling with. And since he seems to be pretty aggressive postflop, that rings a bell for me. If he were more passive and won his stack by drawing out or something, I'd value-bet him. Like this, I'm not too adversed to a c/c, given that he doesn't push. Although that usually ends in a push by him and that sucks. But this deep-stack-thingy gives me a headache. Please teach me.

BevillTheDevil
06-17-2007, 05:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hoped you realised it when you played the hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i did my intentions were to b/f here

ama0330
06-17-2007, 07:46 AM
How can you possibly think you are ahead on the river? Id seriously consider check folding

Chomp
06-17-2007, 09:53 AM
People are suggesting that a weak river lead might induce a bluff-shove from &lt;AK.

Orly? Is that something villains at 50NL do? Sure, if you check it a lot of bluff monkeys will shove, but once you put in that bet, I really really doubt many villains have the balls to do it. But maybe I am wrong on that.

Also, recently I've been trying to follow the NLHTP concept that when in doubt, bet a bit more rather than a bit less. Here, I actually think even $23 looks significantly stronger than $20 whilst still being callable.

Ama - doesn't checking open up the possibility of being bluffed off it whilst also losing value from worse K's?

That said, I am very, very surprised hero was shown a worse hand.

tarheeljks
06-17-2007, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
People are suggesting that a weak river lead might induce a bluff-shove from &lt;AK.

Orly? Is that something villains at 50NL do? Sure, if you check it a lot of bluff monkeys will shove, but once you put in that bet, I really really doubt many villains have the balls to do it. But maybe I am wrong on that.

Also, recently I've been trying to follow the NLHTP concept that when in doubt, bet a bit more rather than a bit less. Here, I actually think even $23 looks significantly stronger than $20 whilst still being callable.

Ama - doesn't checking open up the possibility of being bluffed off it whilst also losing value from worse K's?

[/ QUOTE ]

it was a limp pot so, it's not that surprising. button could limp w/all sorts of Kx hands what else would someone do w/a weaker K?

Triggerle
06-17-2007, 10:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A ssnl player who looks over my game once in a while always says that unless I run into resistance I should bet more and on more streets because they will call with worse hands.

I actually believe him but I'm still struggling to implement this without spewing.

BevillTheDevil
06-17-2007, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How can you possibly think you are ahead on the river? Id seriously consider check folding

[/ QUOTE ]

well before i use to c/c or c/f alot on this river, now ive been b/f alot more and i really like the results...i didnt have a really good read on this guy but i felt if he had 1 pair beat he would raise somewhere there...on the river yea he couldve caught a draw or hit 2 pair but i still figured he could have weaker 1 pair hands and if i bet he raises then its an easy fold, if I check for sure he wasnt goin to bet a weaker 1 pair and id possibly lose value...i feel like lately findin spots where i would use to c/c or c/f to a larger bet ive been b/f and IMO it makes a hand much easyer to play...

Lurker.
06-17-2007, 02:11 PM
i still think bet folding is the best line. c/f is too weak imo. that being said i have been known to occasionally spew /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Daniel LeClaire
06-17-2007, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A ssnl player who looks over my game once in a while always says that unless I run into resistance I should bet more and on more streets because they will call with worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice.