PDA

View Full Version : bad situation

DickieBets
06-16-2007, 05:42 PM
I would appreciate ideas of how to better play hands like this. I realize it's a trap hand, but I've been trying to develop a Tight Aggressive style and felt this might be a good place to raise it preflop to vary my usually tight play - but the way the villain (and myself) was playing it, I had no clue where I was at. What could I have done to get more information ? How bad is that call on the river ?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

villian (SB): $15.55
BB: $33.50
UTG: $12.85
MP: $22.50
Hero (CO): $9.85
BTN: $8.65

Preflop: Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.10, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, BTN calls $0.50, villian calls $0.45, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.70) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
villian checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, BTN folds, villian calls $1.50

Turn: ($4.70) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
villian checks, Hero checks

River: ($4.70) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">villian bets $5.00</font>, Hero calls $5.00

Pot Size: $14.70 ($0.70 Rake)

villian had 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (a full house, Eights full of Kings) and WON ( $7.00)
Hero had T/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif and LOST (-$7.00)

PietM
06-16-2007, 05:50 PM
IMO, there's nothing wrong with how you played this. Villain screwed up by not betting his set.

Also, don't post results, as the result of the hand itself is not important (as far as learning about the game goes) and they could put 'us' (readers/posters) in the wrong mindset.

NSchandler
06-16-2007, 05:55 PM
I don't really mind this hand.

Pf and flop are standard.

A check behind on the turn is fine I think.

River you can call since your turn check may have induced a bluff from the villain.

Also, don't include results.

youngmachetes
06-16-2007, 05:55 PM
the whole hand is played fine. pf is fine, flop is good. turn check is good. river is an easy call.

jerryf1914
06-16-2007, 06:00 PM
what is wrong with posting results? the results are important if there were no results then why play?

PietM
06-16-2007, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what is wrong with posting results? the results are important if there were no results then why play?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not the BBV forum, to show how many bad beats you get. This is a strategy forum, to try and learn what the best way to play is. And that shouldn't not be influenced by results. At the tables results are important (LDO), but here, away from the tables, we try to see what the best line is in different situations.

Gullanian
06-16-2007, 06:35 PM
I think villain played this hand ok btw. A raise would of made you fold your TPGK. When the ace came out he checked to see if you floated an ace. Then bet the river hoping for a K.

JavaNut
06-16-2007, 06:36 PM
This is simply one of those situations where you will lose quite a bit. I might be tempted to be aggressive on the turn, but as villain will maybe just call as he is apparantly has his mind set on slowplaying it will make no difference at all.

Villain needs a FPS shot, there are better ways to milk this. If no K came on river he would hardly win anything at all.

The reason for not posting results is that the 'best' play is not affected by which cards villain actually had, but the range of cards the action so far indicates that he has and what heros best response to that is. If you run into a person limping with AA so be it, he got lucky that time, but he will lose a lot many other times, that should not dictate your play.

Paul Thomson
06-16-2007, 06:47 PM
DONT SHOW RESULTS
fine.

vixticator
06-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Good.

I would raise river with KQ.

jmgambler
06-16-2007, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon, Jerry are u serious? Its true the results away from the table is unimportant.

the other reason is:

"Fold the river, I think villian has slowplayed a set here and your not beating much" *cue stupid grin*

EMc
06-16-2007, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only result in the end you should care about is your equity when hte money went in against the villains hand and range, moreso the range.