PDA

View Full Version : NL25: Turn play with JJ.

Sean Fraley
06-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Villain is a pretty ordinary $25 TAG (28/12/3.75, WTSD 17%) and since he is BB when I'm the button has caught the brunt of my button abuse. I have been getting a reasonable run of hands and therefore am probably seen as slightly loose, not many of my hands have seen showdown.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($22.80)
MP ($14.60)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($82.90)</font>
Button ($19.25)
SB ($26.70)
<font color="#C00000">BB ($26.05)</font>

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $0.75.

<font color="blue">The only thing out of the ordinary is that Villain called instead of reraising me. He has been attempting to steal pretty consistently himself so he knows how it works, and I would think that his default action would be to 3-bet me with any decent hand he wants to play since I have been pretty steal happy.</font>

Flop: ($2.10) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $2.50.

<font color="blue">The flop is pretty much a no brainer. I can see this villain doing this with just about any overpair since I'm so likely to c-bet this.</font>

Turn: ($10.10) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $8</font>, Hero ???

<font color="blue">Here is where I get concerned. The ten makes the only overpairs to the board AA-JJ and and I'm behind most of those. If he has a pair of threes I'm really screwed. On the other hand, he is really aggressive. Is he doing this with a hand I beat often enough to keep going here? If so, how should the turn and river be played?</font>

DMBFan23
06-16-2007, 01:16 PM
don't you think TT-AA would be more likely to re-raise PF? if I put him on a pair it would be 44-99. if he is aggressive could he have spades? I would call the turn planning to call a reasonable river bet (I'm not sure about the river part, NL is not my specialty)

DMBFan23
06-16-2007, 01:18 PM
and yes, I realize my thinking is exploitable by a tricky opponent who would smoothcall KK-AA, but I have to start somewhere so I am starting at the 1st level of thinking.

Sean Fraley
06-16-2007, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and yes, I realize my thinking is exploitable by a tricky opponent who would smoothcall KK-AA, but I have to start somewhere so I am starting at the 1st level of thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why the smooth-call preflop worries me. Just about every single hand that I've played from the button has been for a raise and that the most logical course of action for a competent TAG in the BB would be to resteal with a medium pocket pair or big broadway. The only cards that it would make sense to just call with would be ones that don't want to knock me out of the hand. What I'm trying to figure out is if this is the case here often enough to make the turn a clear fold, or am I seeing monsters under the bed.