PDA

View Full Version : bottom two, shove turn?

sightless
06-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $54.05
BB: $33.50
UTG: $194.55
CO: $41.10
Hero (BTN): $50.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2.00</font>, CO calls $2.00, Hero calls $2.00, 2 folds

Flop: ($6.75) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">CO bets $3.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9.00</font>, UTG calls $9.00, CO calls $6.00

Turn: ($33.75) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $39.75</font>

UTG is 21/10/3.6 over a hundred hands, CO is unkown but doesnt seem like that good of a player

ocdscale
06-16-2007, 01:09 PM
I raise bigger on the flop, ~12 (pot sized).
Turn shove looks fine.

edit: Yeah, 15 is PSB, I forgot to include Hero's call in the pot.

sightless
06-16-2007, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise bigger on the flop, ~12 (pot sized)

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you. what a dumb mistake ):

DMBFan23
06-16-2007, 01:13 PM
isn't 15 a pot sized raise?

anyways, I would raise the flop bigger because it's so drawy. given that the turn isn't an over-bet and it seems like a shove.

metagame question: do you guys ever shove hearts here?

theflyingcow
06-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Given the way this hand played on the flop I'm not even concerned about CO, but UTG's flop cold-call seems a bit worrying since the stats you gave indicate that he's an aggressive postflop player. Seeing how he's acting out of character, let's try to analyze what his possible holdings are. Overpairs are unlikely since they c-bet this board every time. Given preflop stats, 2-pair combinations are unlikely holdings. It's quite possible he'll have a hand like A/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif+ which you beat. He easily has a flopped set as well, although I couldn't imagine slowplaying too much on this board since it's pretty drawy. But given that he's acting out of character, you should be paying close attention to his actions and I'd be very cautious about proceeding, which brings us to consider whether to check behind or shove.

I think given remaining stack sizes shoving's okay, but not the best option since if you get called by UTG, you're toast. Alternatively, we can also check behind turn and on non-scary river, call a bet from UTG or value bet this ourselves. I don't have pokerstove on this computer and am a little lazy to do this myself, but can someone tell me the results of the equity we have against 55, 77, TT, AhJh, AhQh, AhKh, maybe AT??