PDA

View Full Version : How do my stats seem to you?

CrustyFace
06-16-2007, 12:13 PM
I searched but the search feature is a bit poop. So i though i might as well just ask what you guys make of my poker tracker stats.

5NL

7815 hands, VPIP 17.5, PFR 13.3, BB100 9.64

10NL

6461 hands, VPIP 15.9, PFR 12, BB100 4.5

So do these stats give you any indication of how i'm doing. I am consistently beating the game (granted its a small-ish sample size). But i feel good about the way it is going.

I read a thread earlier that a respected VPIP for 10nl 6max is about 22, im way under this. Is there any truth in that 22.

If i should loosen up i'm not really sure what hands (other than the ones i PFR with now) i should being do so with. Should i be calling more raises preflop?

Thanks,

CrustyFace

Lurker.
06-16-2007, 12:18 PM
you're nitty. what's your att. to steal?

DannyOcean_
06-16-2007, 12:22 PM
First,

you can win with a wide range of stats. Postflop is most important, not preflop raise % or whatever.

second,

sample size is too small to determine your true win rate. You've been doing well, so congrats, and it's likely you are a winning player, but we can't necessarily tell what the rate is quite yet. The sample size is fine for the pf stats though.

Third,

17.5/13 and 16/12 is kinda nitty for my taste, but obv. it can be profitable. Nitty is better when you are just learning postflop play, and when you feel more confident in your postflop play, start to open up with more marginal hands. Some suggestions to open up a little.

Raise Axs from anywhere. Raise all pp's from anywhere. Raise any two broadway from the CO & button. Raise hands like 45s from the CO or button. Raise QJs or JT in early or mid position. Look for nits at your table, and if they are to your left, raise their blind every single time. If i'm trying to play more hands, these are the things i will do.

I'm running about 20/17 right now, hope that helps.

CrustyFace
06-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Yeah i agree it's a little nitty and now that i am 100% confident playing this way i agree i should open up some.

I find i adapt to the table, if its tight i raise Axs.

I do currently raise all PP from anywhere.

Att to steal is 25.

Lurker.
06-16-2007, 12:34 PM
you're att. to steal is way low. try to get it to 40.

CrustyFace
06-16-2007, 12:35 PM
ok kool.

JoseyWales
06-16-2007, 12:43 PM
You are very tight, but that doesn't hurt a lot at those stakes. Many of your opponents are glueless. You could play looser from BTN and CO if you aren't already doing that. Don't adjust your stats just because 22% is considered optimal (?). Think about spots where you could open up your game more. I wouldn't always raise Axs from UTG and MP. I'd rather raise rags from BTN.

Bastian
06-16-2007, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you're att. to steal is way low. try to get it to 40.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the purpose of this? Mine is also 25. I can't see this being any higher without widening my range by A LOT.

L8Bloomer
06-16-2007, 12:48 PM
40%?? The lesson on Poker Tracker here says to get it to 30%. That seems more reasonable to me. I don't think it is good idea for a nitty player to suddenly jump to 40% Att. to steal.

[url]http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4946669&page=0&fpart=1&v c=1[url]

I was a nitty player when I first started here. I tried to open up WAY too fast. Just add a hand or two to your range of raising hands to what you already have. I personally think nitty is better at 5NL, but you do need to open up starting at 10NL. Do it slowly though.

Lurker.
06-16-2007, 12:48 PM
because it means he's too passive IP. what is your opening range from the CO and BTN bastien?

myke11
06-16-2007, 01:34 PM
youre too nitty to ever be able to beat mucvh higher than 100nl, also this sample size is too small to give any indication of your winrate.... i ran at 15ptbb/100 over my last 12K hands at $50nl... thats no where near sustainable

CrustyFace
06-16-2007, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
youre too nitty to ever be able to beat mucvh higher than 100nl, also this sample size is too small to give any indication of your winrate.... i ran at 15ptbb/100 over my last 12K hands at $50nl... thats no where near sustainable

[/ QUOTE ]

If i intended to stay this nitty i wouldn't be posting this with intent to improve.

theflyingcow
06-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Read this post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Board=ssplnlpoker&Number=52 37151&fpart=&PHPSESSID=) to try and improve instead of asking about 'optimal' stats and this one (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Board=microplnl&Number=8629 256&fpart=&PHPSESSID=) to help improve the LAG aspect of your game. Also, if it helps, watch these (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=7623158&page=&vc=1). Haven't played poker in a month or so and probably won't regularly for a while since I'm kind of busy with 'real life' stuff, but I experimented with playing a LAG style and liked it a lot. Really improved my hand-reading abilities and picking spots to be aggressive. Ran 30/18/3.3 over 50k hands in NL 10 (12k hands), and NL 25 (38k hands). Avg PTBB = 9.8. Hope this helps.

Monster207
06-16-2007, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First,

Raise Axs from anywhere. Raise QJs or JT in early or mid position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recommend these two things.. I agree with opening up your ranges but these hands from ep i just feel are brutal. If I'm wrong about this someone let me know. Axs from late position i feel is fine, however early position I can't imagine this to be +ev.

Lurker.
06-16-2007, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First,

Raise Axs from anywhere. Raise QJs or JT in early or mid position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recommend these two things.. I agree with opening up your ranges but these hands from ep i just feel are brutal. If I'm wrong about this someone let me know. Axs from late position i feel is fine, however early position I can't imagine this to be +ev.

[/ QUOTE ]
in 6maxnl it is profitable to open raise any suited ace from any pos. I also raise qjs and jts from EP. I run around 29/23.

CrustyFace
06-16-2007, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Read this post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Board=ssplnlpoker&Number=52 37151&fpart=&PHPSESSID=) to try and improve instead of asking about 'optimal' stats and this one (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Board=microplnl&Number=8629 256&fpart=&PHPSESSID=) to help improve the LAG aspect of your game. Also, if it helps, watch these (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=7623158&page=&vc=1). Haven't played poker in a month or so and probably won't regularly for a while since I'm kind of busy with 'real life' stuff, but I experimented with playing a LAG style and liked it a lot. Really improved my hand-reading abilities and picking spots to be aggressive. Ran 30/18/3.3 over 50k hands in NL 10 (12k hands), and NL 25 (38k hands). Avg PTBB = 9.8. Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, i'm not asking about optimal stats. I'm asking about how my game could improve and providing my stats as some indicator as to how i play.

Thanks for all the help guys, i'll read the links.

JoseyWales
06-16-2007, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

in 6maxnl it is profitable to open raise any suited ace from any pos. I also raise qjs and jts from EP. I run around 29/23.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... Is this the absolute truth regardless of opponents and everything else? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Lurker.
06-16-2007, 03:28 PM
obv there are exceptions

_TKO_
06-16-2007, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

in 6maxnl it is profitable to open raise any suited ace from any pos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?