06-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Utg is 72,6,1.17 over 50 hands.
Do we call the push??

Button ($54.61)
SB ($43.15)
Hero ($49.50)
UTG ($64.45)
MP ($85.36)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[/images/graemlins/diamond.gif], K[/images/graemlins/spade.gif].
UTG raises to $13 folds, Hero raises to $4.5, UTG calls $3.50.

Flop: ($9.25) 4[/images/graemlins/heart.gif], A[/images/graemlins/spade.gif], J[/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] (2 players)
Hero bets $6, UTG raises to $59.95 (All-In) Hero??

TheRenaissance
06-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Fold without a better read.
I would consider calling with a draw or two out there.

Some people play 2pr+ like this, and some people play air/A2 like this.
Until you know which this guy is I'd fold.

tiger_hall
06-16-2007, 09:49 AM
i would like to know more about my opponent before calling but i think it is unlikely you are beat

BishopsFinger
06-16-2007, 09:56 AM
its a truly gay spot thats for sure but i fold this 80% of the time to an unknown.

tiger_hall
06-16-2007, 10:22 AM
what hand is raising this much??
he doesnt have a set otherwise he would definitely not be shoving and making a hard decision to call unless extremely loose player v. unlikely... i expect for him to turn over KK or QJ as it looks like a semi bluff to me... i think we are ahead here but i dont know if we have to call it... i prob would

TheRenaissance
06-16-2007, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i would like to know more about my opponent before calling but i think it is unlikely you are beat

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts as well. I tend to go with my gut here, and consider the flow of the game so far - has hero been very aggressive or quiet? What about villain? What about the table in general? Are they here to gamble and splash about?

In spots like these the numbers dont really tell us what we need to know.

jk1986
06-16-2007, 10:44 AM
It can be tough, but honestly there seems to be a trend recently from donkeys of pushing the flop with weak hands, a few ppl said they noticed it in the brew on party. Given hes 72/6/1 I call here, expecting to be firmly +EV vs his range. Wouldn't expect a player like this to shove a better hand than yours, more likely to check call all the way to try and trap.

tiger_hall
06-16-2007, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It can be tough, but honestly there seems to be a trend recently from donkeys of pushing the flop with weak hands, a few ppl said they noticed it in the brew on party. Given hes 72/6/1 I call here, expecting to be firmly +EV vs his range. Wouldn't expect a player like this to shove a better hand than yours, more likely to check call all the way to try and trap.

[/ QUOTE ]

CennyCripple
06-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Thanks for input guys... I tend to think I should fold. I didn't and he shoved AJ for top two.

I do know this play isn't profitable for him. I would call with sets and top two, and AK depending on situation. (This time I instacalled being steamed from a terrible two-outer.)