PDA

View Full Version : NL50 A couple of hands I wondered if I played right.

JROK777
06-16-2007, 05:23 AM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $51.25
UTG+1: $63.80
CO: $48.05
Hero: $53.95
SB: $23.50
BB: $85.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($5.25, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif ($13.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $4</font>, Hero calls.

River: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($21.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $8</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $8 returned to UTG+1.

Raise ther turn? Villian could be blocking w/a draw. As played, do I call the river here?

Full Tilt Poker
5 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $55.25
CO: $58.05
Button: $54.60
Hero: $79.75
BB: $18

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $13</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($31, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG is all-in $40</font>, Hero folds.

Should i get it all in on the flop? If villian had open pushed I would have snap called. I can't see him betting a draw AI on the turn here. C/f the turn here standard?

Full Tilt Poker
5 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $49.20
Hero: $56.55
Button: $49.70
SB: $72.70
BB: $21.85

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($3.75, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.85</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($9.45, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $6.75</font>, BB calls.

River: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($22.95, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB is all-in $10.5

Hero has just been counterfeited. Is this a good fold?

HighSteaks
06-16-2007, 05:45 AM
Tough session, as played I fold the first one - I would fold to the flop raise on the second one - I think you are beat on the third one too - are these in the same session lol?

theflyingcow
06-16-2007, 05:46 AM
Btw, any reads on any of these guys? What's your table image like for these hands? Haven't played in a little so reasoning may be a little rusty:

Hand 1:
The turn bet looks a little strange to me. A few possibilities that I can think of is that he has a flush draw, maybe a combo draw and is putting in a blocking bet, he was slowplaying his made straight / 2-pair on the flop but now the board is getting scary and he wants to see where he's at. The little more than 1/3 pot bet on the river seems like it's a value bet, so I'd fold here though if I were actually in the hand, I'd be tempted not to. I have yet to evolve into the kind of player that doesn't pay off small value bets =\. With regards to your question about raising the turn: I think the better question would be whether we should consider continuing in the hand or not. If he's passive postflop and suddenly woke up with that smallish bet, he might have a flush and be trying to lure you in. If he's aggressive, the bet's likely a blocking bet though I'd imagine LAGs would prefer to check-raise here as a bluff or semi-bluff. If I wanted to continue, I'd try and keep the pot small because if a scare card comes, I don't want to be bluff shoved off a big pot. Raising is probably your worst option. Because the pot is small, only hands that are beating you are calling/shoving.

Hand 2: Readless, this is the kind of board I see villian having hands like 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif or 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif that gives him a lot of combo-draws. Though this is somewhat read dependent, I think I have an easy time letting go on this turn. At this level, I believe people like to open-limp pocket pairs so it's also likely he's flopped a set.

Hand 3: I call this almost every time. Villian's played this like a flush draw making a desperation bet at the pot. Though our hand is considerably weaker now and though there are a lot of hands that have us beaten, I think we're ahead enough times to justify calling getting 1/3. In fact I think folding is -EV in this spot.

jk1986
06-16-2007, 06:42 AM
hand 2 just shove the flop on this board

corsakh
06-16-2007, 07:31 AM
Hand 1 I call down just to see. It looks more like a weak made hand + a draw than a flush, maybe something like JcTx.

Hand 2 Shove flop.

Hand 3 I make it simple and shove turn.

futuredoc85
06-16-2007, 07:41 AM
flip a coin in hand 1, shove flop/call turn hand 2. hand 3 is ok to fold but put him in on the turn so you can stack him when hes drawing.