PDA

View Full Version : WSOP #17 Hands Analysis

NYWalker
06-12-2007, 06:42 AM
WSOP #17 $2500 NL.

Hand 1, first 20 minutes into level 1. Villain is a loose player; we played a lot at Bellagio two months ago. I know his play.
25/50, stack size are all close to 5000. utg limps, I limp from MP with 55. Villain calls from LP. Button calls. Blinds complete.
5 players 250
Flop K52 two hearts. Check to villain who bets 225. Fold to me, I raise to 725. Villain calls.

2 players - pot 1750.
Turn 7h.

I check, villain bets 1100. I call.

Two players 3950.

River 3h.

I have 3000 behind. What to do?

Hand 2, 50/100. My table image is loose at this point. Table is tight. 2 limpers, I limp from LP with 57h. Button calls. Blinds complete. I'm CL at the table with 12000.

6 players. 600 pot.

Flop 775 two spades. Check thru.

Turn Js. 3 spades on board now. SB, a super tight player bets 300. Fold,fold. MP, a loose player calls. Hero?

(Read 1, I peek at the Button who's behind holding 3 chips. A potential 4 way pot. SB has flush, either MP or the button has Ace of spade. Another 7 isn't likely out there. Their stack is around 6000. Should we raise the turn to have a made flush push or wait till the river? ).

MychCumstien
06-12-2007, 07:41 AM
hand #1, as played I C/F with 4 hearts out there. I would have C/R the turn though.

hand #2, I say raise now. Get some money in there, and let them fight it out. I say make a smallish raise of about another 500, i.e. raise to 800. You never know, the guy with the A of spades may get their money in now. If you wait until the river and they miss, they definitely won't. also, if a 4th spade hits. then you'll get the money from the A of spades, but the SB may lay down if he has a baby flush. Entice the action now.

BarryLyndon
06-12-2007, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hand #1, as played I C/F with 4 hearts out there. I would have C/R the turn though.

hand #2, I say raise now. Get some money in there, and let them fight it out. I say make a smallish raise of about another 500, i.e. raise to 800. You never know, the guy with the A of spades may get their money in now. If you wait until the river and they miss, they definitely won't. also, if a 4th spade hits. then you'll get the money from the A of spades, but the SB may lay down if he has a baby flush. Entice the action now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, RR to like 800 or so on the second hand; the tight player will think that you may have a 7 and be trying to get $$ out of a J, you'll get another bad player to come for the ride; stacking someone here is more likely than getting multi action and there is only a 20% chance another spade is coming. Plus, if you get cute now, you may let tighty think that you have a FH, and if he folds you're gonna hate yourself.

The first hand is very read dependent and I really don't have a comment for it. I don't know what is going on between the two of you when the third or fourth heart comes. I would check and then tank for a long time and think about your past play, then either make a hero call or fold. I like that you called the turn; I think CR makes all worse hands fold (save for a lower set, obv.) and gets a call from all flushes.

Barry

NYWalker
06-13-2007, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A C/R on the flop has made most single Ace of heart with/or without pair gone. I'm pretty sure his ranges have no AK. I don't see anything can stay except flush draw and possible 2pairs or complete air. However, once he bets the turn, I was 50%-50% about he has a made flush.

However, checking the river may induce a large bet from him that I can't call. Not sure if this is the best play, I bet 1600 on the river and he folds after a full 5 minutes.

bigbabyjesus
06-13-2007, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A C/R on the flop has made most single Ace of heart with/or without pair gone. I'm pretty sure his ranges have no AK. I don't see anything can stay except flush draw and possible 2pairs or complete air. However, once he bets the turn, I was 50%-50% about he has a made flush.

However, checking the river may induce a large bet from him that I can't call. Not sure if this is the best play, I bet 1600 on the river and he folds after a full 5 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Checking the river won't induce a bet from a worse hand just aboout ever. What hand did he call the flop with that he is now bluffing with? If he has a good K w/ no heart he's taking the free showdown.

Betting the river is an option to bluff him off the non-nuts.

In this spot I'd check and hope to win in the showodwn, however.

LB_001
06-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Hand 1 I think you played fine, fold the river. Tough to put him on anything but a king, a flush draw or maybe 34 unless your description as "loose" means really loose. I think C/Ring the turn is very bad since there's a good chance he checks a king behind on the turn and frequently bets a made flush. I think you have to fold the river, it seems too unlikely he'd call with nothing on the flop or turn a king with no heart into a bluff by the river. Only hands I could see doing this is A3, 34.

Hand 2 I think betting the flop is probably best, it might look like a steal, and someone might be slowplaying a 7 which could turn into an easy stacking on the flop but might lose action from if a spade or straight card comes. Usually someone with a spade draw is going to call anyway and going to find it that much harder to fold if they do chase and hit. On the turn you absolutely need to raise imo, even if button is showing an interest in calling, you need to build a bigger pot. I'd put in 1200 or so.

curtains
06-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Hand 1 I would usually bet out the flop, but ok ofc checking is fine. If it gets checked through it should be very difficult to win a big pot against a now 2nd best hand.

Hand 2 I would definitely raise the turn.

NYWalker
06-13-2007, 07:54 PM
For hand 1, Do we want a free showdown? Here's what I thought when betting the river - I can't beat most hands at the showdown while most hands can't call a large bet at the showdown either. (Villain knows if he calls and loses, he'd end up with 1400 chips and folding leaves him 3000). A bet also blocks a bluff. Not sure this is a logical thinking or not.

Villain had a table talk, he apologized for the long delay in action and said the river was a very bad card and said I must have Ace of heart. Anyway, whoever folded the Ace of heart at the table knew I din't have Ace of heart.

Hand 2, I agree - raise to 950 - 1100 to mess around is the best play.