PDA

View Full Version : KK UB 200k

Exitonly
06-11-2007, 03:51 PM
2nd Hand at table, no reads on villains. 2500 stacks, 5-10 blinds

CO raises to 35. I'm in SB I....

I made it 185, BB calls, CO repots. I....

-stealthmunk.

Crash0veride
06-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Flat call, C/R any non A flop A/I?

woodguy
06-11-2007, 05:12 PM
When the CO re-pots the pot he's making it 800 to go right?

I may call to get the BB overcall again then c/r all in pretty much most flops.

If I'm up against AA so be it, and keeping the BB around doesn't hurt our equity enough to get too worried about it, but I don't mind the extra variance for the extra chips.

Regards,
Woodguy

mikeJ
06-11-2007, 06:15 PM
I couldn't imagine doing anything but move AI. CO repotting range is like QQ+ & half combos of AK/JJ and once he repots it to 740 he's pretty committed. If you just call, you lose action from AK if it whiffs on flop, or QQ/JJ if an overcard flops. What's your plan if an Ace were to flop? C/f? Sometimes you'll get bluffed out by QQ/JJ on A high flops if you do that.

BB's range isn't particularly wide, but definitely contains QQ in it. Occasionally he'll have AQ/TT or worse.

NoahSD
06-11-2007, 06:42 PM
185 seems pretty big for the first raise. I'd do like 150ish.

Mike, I dunno how committed BB is with AK/QQ/JJ. I mean.. he won't even be getting 2:1 and Exit's range is gonna be crazy tight. Most players will realize that.

If we call, he probably won't get away from QQ/JJ on low boards. The weird thing is what happens on A-high boards, cause we might end up getting pushed off the best hand--but for the most part we probably save money on A-high boards. So, I think I like a call.

timex
06-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Are people on UB really this loose.

Fold >Shove, not close.

DJ Sensei
06-11-2007, 07:03 PM
seems like an easy shove to me. I mean, if he's unknown and its the first few hands, theres a pretty good chance he's a huge fish/maniac, and this is your best chance to get his stack. plus the last thing you need is to see a crappy flop and still have chips behind, but a huge pot.

KingDan
06-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Timex,

LOL

Your Pal
KD

curtains
06-11-2007, 09:52 PM
I'd go allin, screw this monkey who won some $5 satellite. I think flat calling to keep the BB around is way too fancy and I think it's just bad to be honest.

mikeJ
06-11-2007, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mike, I dunno how committed BB is with AK/QQ/JJ. I mean.. he won't even be getting 2:1 and Exit's range is gonna be crazy tight. Most players will realize that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps, though I think that most people who will fold AK/QQ/JJ to a 5-bet are the ones who will just call the 3-bet w/ those hands in the first place. So those who are aggressive enough to 4-bet w/ AK/QQ will often be willing to go broke w/ them preflop after putting in nearly 1/3rd of their stack.

woodguy
06-11-2007, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think flat calling to keep the BB around is way too fancy and I think it's just bad to be honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its going to cost the BB 615 more to call PF which is currently 25% of your stack, that's not insignificant.

It also inflates the pot enough to basically guarantee that the CO will jam the flop when checked to.

Jamming PF may lose some hands that stack off on the flop. Yes you *may* lose some of those hand on the flop, but with the pot that big I really doubt the PFR just c/f any flop, but jams > 90% of them.

Regards,
Woodguy

curtains
06-11-2007, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think flat calling to keep the BB around is way too fancy and I think it's just bad to be honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its going to cost the BB 615 more to call PF which is currently 25% of your stack, that's not insignificant.

It also inflates the pot enough to basically guarantee that the CO will jam the flop when checked to.

Jamming PF may lose some hands that stack off on the flop. Yes you *may* lose some of those hand on the flop, but with the pot that big I really doubt the PFR just c/f any flop, but jams > 90% of them.

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno man I just really really don't like it, and think its huge FPS or whatever they call it.