PDA

View Full Version : V DS $1060 KK early on

renodoc
06-10-2007, 10:01 PM
50-100

Hero has been very tight. Has raised with AA utg once and shown it after no callers. Villain in LP has been a little more active, but hasn't shown anything out of line.

Hero (9500) is dealt KK utg and limps
3 limpers
LP (10500)makes it 600
Blinds fold
Hero makes it 1600
folded to LP who calls

Flop: 2-5-T rainbow

Hero bets 2000
Villain pushes

Hero ?

(and yes, I hate the reverse implied odds I laid here--I play very badly, and sometimes downright retarded)

This is pretty close to HOH 1 page 130 (Hero with AA facing AI on 9-5-2 flop)

curtains
06-10-2007, 10:04 PM
call obviously, seems like a no brainer to me. Hard to imagine you know this guy well enough for it to be a fold. How do you know he doesn't have QQ or JJ? Who's to say he's not going to do that? You honestly think some random guy who has been relatively active is going to always just fold or call with that hand here?

bigbabyjesus
06-10-2007, 10:27 PM
This is an insta-call.

Cornell Fiji
06-10-2007, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is an insta-call.

[/ QUOTE ]

cking
06-10-2007, 11:30 PM
easy call, i think he'd of shoved AA here preflop figuring you for a KK or AK and wanting u to get in before things might get scary or miss (obv he wont put u on AA if he has it). I would seriously not be surprised to see JJ, QQ or even AT here.

renodoc
06-10-2007, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
easy call, i think he'd of shoved AA here preflop figuring you for a KK or AK and wanting u to get in before things might get scary or miss (obv he wont put u on AA if he has it). I would seriously not be surprised to see JJ, QQ or even AT here.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so villains range is:

I'm crushing him (QQ, JJ, 99, AT) what percentage of the time?
He's crushing me (AA, TT, 55, 22) what percentage of the time?

This is a very common spot I think and always sphincter tightening.

MychCumstien
06-11-2007, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is an insta-call.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

THEOSU
06-11-2007, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so villains range is:

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e180/theosu/maivia-rocky04.jpg

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT VILLAIN'S RANGE IS

we have KK, we're all in.

if you smell...

Jurollo
06-11-2007, 01:44 AM
This is a retardedly easy call.

plzleenowhammy
06-11-2007, 01:45 AM
lol @ the rock... wrestling used to be soo damn entertaining when he was around

renodoc
06-11-2007, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

I'm getting more and more disillusioned with the same supposedly successful players making these types of responses.

Do you ever think the guy has a set?

Gooch
06-11-2007, 03:17 AM
I don't think the villian would raise 6x bb before the flop with Aces, that would most likely scare the action away. A raise like that sounds like JJ, TT, 99, 88ish range. And with that board he has 1 of 2 hands JJ, TT and maybe QQ but how would you play QQ in this situation. Seeing you personally limping, I would make it 4k before the flop with QQ. So is that what you wanted to hear. Oh by the way I would call as long as he isn't Japanese.

bigbabyjesus
06-11-2007, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

I'm getting more and more disillusioned with the same supposedly successful players making these types of responses.

Do you ever think the guy has a set?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, of course we think he might have a set. But he might have JJ/TT, and other random hands players can show up with.

It's not even close because of the pot odds we are being offered. Sorry you lost to TT.

renodoc
06-11-2007, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the villian would raise 6x bb before the flop with Aces, that would most likely scare the action away. A raise like that sounds like JJ, TT, 99, 88ish range. And with that board he has 1 of 2 hands JJ, TT and maybe QQ but how would you play QQ in this situation. Seeing you personally limping, I would make it 4k before the flop with QQ. So is that what you wanted to hear. Oh by the way I would call as long as he isn't Japanese.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising to 6xBB after 4 limpers seems pretty standard to me. If he raises to 3 or 4x, its much more likely to go multiway to the flop.

traction
06-11-2007, 12:14 PM
eaay call. if he has aa well played sir. but could as well easily have qq,jj.

Crash0veride
06-11-2007, 12:36 PM
CALL....He'll show a smaller pair way more than he'll show a set. Yet from a logical point of view your hand is face up and he's still willing to make that play which worrys me, But its still a call.

renodoc
06-11-2007, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CALL....He'll show a smaller pair way more than he'll show a set. Yet from a logical point of view your hand is face up and he's still willing to make that play which worrys me, But its still a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. My cards are faceup here.

Hero calls.
Villain shows AA

Hero catches King and doubles up.

markysals11
06-11-2007, 02:46 PM
i call here, i don't think there's anyway he's not moving in preflop w/ AA since he knows you have a huge pair w/ the limp-re raise, and there's also no way he has a set on the flop, therefore put em in