PDA

View Full Version : Anybody fold a set of aces here?

robinmbuk
06-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Villian is 36/4/0.6, very passive and fairly loose. Will often peel one off on the flop with a medium pocket pair and fold to a turn bet.

Hero BTN ($35)
Villian SB ($15)

Fold to hero who has A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero raises to $1, villian calls, BB folds.

Flop ($2): 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif. Villian checks, hero bets $2, hero calls.

Turn ($6): A/images/graemlins/spade.gif Villian checks, hero bets $4, villian calls.

River ($14): 4/images/graemlins/club.gif Villian bets allin ($8.5)

So the river brings the worst possible card for me. Looking back on the hand I prob should have put in a bigger turn bet (full pot). Given that villian is so passive maybe I should fold this, but a set could be part of villians range.

tannenj
06-10-2007, 05:39 PM
i think you can dump this on the river without worrying.

Marshall28
06-10-2007, 05:40 PM
thats a dirty river card.

monkover
06-10-2007, 05:41 PM
imo your 4 $ bet was fine
sorry misread

ama0330
06-10-2007, 05:53 PM
hand looks good, i fold

Marshall28
06-10-2007, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
imo your 4 $ bet was fine and iīd never fold here getting almost 3 to 1...

[/ QUOTE ]

id give u 20-1 hero is beat here.

robinmbuk
06-10-2007, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hand looks good, i fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think i should have, although at the time I somehow didnt notice the 4 was a club, duh! Yeah I think my biggest leak at the moment is not folding gtrong hands (sets, straights ect) on the river when loose passive villians have quite obv hit their draw and shoved.

I suppose it's part of the learning process. First when you start playing you learn to fold junk pf, middle pair, tpwk. Then you realise that sometimes tptk is no good so you learn to fold that. Then the same with overpairs like AA / KK. Now the villian stage for me is folding great hands that get rivered. I think its prob my biggest leak atm.

sh58
06-10-2007, 06:41 PM
yeah looks like a fold. just laugh to yourself at how badly villain played it. you earn loadsa sklansky $. he had no implied odds at all.

this is the sort of hand i'll call with if i'm slightly tilting as it's only 1/2 the pot

Nick C
06-10-2007, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villian is 36/4/0.6

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess these guys still exist, but I've almost forgotten what it's like to play against them /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

doppelganger
06-10-2007, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he had no implied odds at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

All evidence to the contrary. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

jmgambler
06-10-2007, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hand looks good, i fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think i should have, although at the time I somehow didnt notice the 4 was a club, duh! Yeah I think my biggest leak at the moment is not folding gtrong hands (sets, straights ect) on the river when loose passive villians have quite obv hit their draw and shoved.

I suppose it's part of the learning process. First when you start playing you learn to fold junk pf, middle pair, tpwk. Then you realise that sometimes tptk is no good so you learn to fold that. Then the same with overpairs like AA / KK. Now the villian stage for me is folding great hands that get rivered. I think its prob my biggest leak atm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmmm I like this post, I am about there with you on that curve

Waingro
06-10-2007, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hand looks good, i fold

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not folding top set ever is probably the smallest leak you are ever going to have.

I would call. Obviously villain is pushing for value, but havenīt we all seen passive, fishy villain take this line with a set, 2pair, a good pair etc. Cc, cc, push any river. And you call and you are like wtf, was he bluffing? Why would he bluff with bottom two etc in this spot. We only have to be good 27% of the time. And if we call and lose villain still lost money playing it like that.

sh58
06-10-2007, 08:35 PM
i don't call calling a turn bet to win half a pot bet on the river very good implied odds. even if he has a straight and a flush draw then he is still a 3 to 1 dog on the turn