PDA

View Full Version : $50NL 6max Trying to maximize value?

Speedlimits
06-10-2007, 04:59 PM
<font color="blue"> Villian is unknown</font>

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $141.20
BB: $23.65
UTG: $62.55
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $49.25</font>
BTN: $55.65

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5.00</font>, SB calls $5.00, BB folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($16) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $12.50</font>, SB calls $12.50

<font color="blue"> Do you like my bet sizing on the turn? More or less?</font>

<font color="black">River:</font> ($41) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $29.75</font>

<font color="blue"> I was pretty torn on this river. I wanted to get value out of my hand but I also didn't want to turn it into a bluff. Does anyone like a smaller bet or check here?

barryc83
06-10-2007, 05:04 PM
meh I probably play it the same, bet sizing and all. did he snap check the river, I mean you have to think a better hand raises somewhere. against an unknown I think its cool. sometimes you value stack yourself here or he folds but you might even get looked up by a 9 here from an unknwon, nh IMO.

Ikaika
06-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Looks fine to me; hearts missed, no more straight cards came...he may call you with KJ/QJ/JT here(but he could also show up with a slowplayed 98). You can't bet less since you have to call a push anyway.

Gustav
06-10-2007, 05:18 PM
I would definitely check behind the river, but I think I might be losing value in spots like these. People call with the craziest [censored] sometimes, and you're beating several legitimate hands as well.

Flop and turn looks perfect.

Peter Harris
06-10-2007, 05:22 PM
purfik

monkover
06-10-2007, 05:25 PM
love it

tannenj
06-10-2007, 05:27 PM
speedlimits: "any good?"

stanley durd: "nice"

seriously, i might bet more on flop/turn.

Suaimhnea
06-10-2007, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was pretty torn on this river. I wanted to get value out of my hand but I also didn't want to turn it into a bluff. Does anyone like a smaller bet or check here?

[/ QUOTE ]

On this board, you aren't going to get enough value from hands you beat to justify shoving. I'm definitely checking the river.

It looks a lot like JT+/T9/heart draw and those hands are certainly not calling this sized bet. You'll probably get looked up by 89/J9 and obviously QT or any set.

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is unkown

[/ QUOTE ]
Shoving the river is suicide.

tannenj
06-10-2007, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was pretty torn on this river. I wanted to get value out of my hand but I also didn't want to turn it into a bluff. Does anyone like a smaller bet or check here?

[/ QUOTE ]

On this board, you aren't going to get enough value from hands you beat to justify shoving. I'm definitely checking the river.

It looks a lot like JT+/T9/heart draw and those hands are certainly not calling this sized bet. You'll probably get looked up by 89/J9 and obviously QT or any set.

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is unkown

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what hands are you scared of? here's the thing: the villain should NEVER have the best hand here. if he's bad enough to have slowplayed a hand that beats tptk on such a drawy board, he's bad enough to call the shove with a weaker jack (or worse).

shoving river is tasty.

Marshall28
06-10-2007, 06:36 PM
i c/b this river. rest of the hand is good.

Check_The_Nuts
06-10-2007, 07:16 PM
looks good obviously.

Speedlimits
06-10-2007, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is unkown

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what hands are you scared of? here's the thing: the villain should NEVER have the best hand here. if he's bad enough to have slowplayed a hand that beats tptk on such a drawy board, he's bad enough to call the shove with a weaker jack (or worse).

shoving river is tasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is a really good point. Villian shouldn't have the best hand here. He did but he sucks /images/graemlins/frown.gif

jmgambler
06-10-2007, 07:30 PM
No, I bet out here too and probably shoving too.....

I read the later post where you lost, I had a similar hand just this morning AJo (to be fair it was a $30 capped game at FTP), J high flop, OP calling me down every street... I shove the river , OP thinks, thinks then calls with J8 (no 8 was on board) and MHIG