PDA

View Full Version : $50NL 6max Hand Reading

Speedlimits
06-10-2007, 04:25 PM
No reads on villian

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $48.70
BB: $61.50
UTG: $31.85
CO: $48.45
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $76.45</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $2.00

<font color="blue"> Standard preflop play</font>

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($5.75) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, UTG calls $4.00

<font color="blue"> Pretty standard c-bet although some people like a check here</font>

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($13.75) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8.50</font>, UTG calls $8.50

<font color="blue"> Now that I've gotten to the turn and he hasn't folded I am thinking about ranges. He limped UTG so he probably doesn't have a big pocket, more than likely a smaller one. Suited Connectors are also part of his range and weaker jacks like QJ/J10.

Range for UTG Limp would look something like this:
22-88
45s-JQs
J10o/JQo

I fire again hoping to get him off his weak jack or mid pocket. No luck!</font>

<font color="black">River:</font> ($30.75) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $18.00</font>

<font color="blue"> My last attempt to get him off, do you like this line? How often does villian call here?</font>

ama0330
06-10-2007, 04:27 PM
What on gods green earth are you doing

[ QUOTE ]
No reads on villian

[/ QUOTE ]

Speedlimits
06-10-2007, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
No reads on villian

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know it wasn't EV+ to be making this kind of play readless but I just wanted to talk about the hand in a more theoretical way.

bozzer
06-10-2007, 04:53 PM
terrible - a small pocket pair is quite likely, but he's pretty much decided on the flop to call you down. i rarely double barrel and never triple barrel this hand readless.

Bramsterdam
06-10-2007, 04:55 PM
I'll occasionaly double barrel in these spots, but definately give up on the river.

Speedlimits
06-10-2007, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
terrible - a small pocket pair is quite likely, but he's pretty much decided on the flop to call you down. i rarely double barrel and never triple barrel this hand readless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um he's decided on the flop to call me down? I don't think that is true at all. Almost everyone gives at least one call sometimes two on a dry board like this. His decision wasn't made until the river imo.

barryc83
06-10-2007, 05:01 PM
dude dont do this especially against a 60bb stack. just make the standard play, check turn and fold/check river UI.

you cant get anyone to fold at 50nl, im trying to get this through my thick [censored] skull also.

ama0330
06-10-2007, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
No reads on villian

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know it wasn't EV+ to be making this kind of play readless but I just wanted to talk about the hand in a more theoretical way.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has a hand which destroys you, raises/calls the river, and you lose... I'm confused as to what there is to discuss?

Speedlimits
06-10-2007, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
No reads on villian

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He has a hand which destroys you, raises/calls the river, and you lose... I'm confused as to what there is to discuss?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's about ranges and my read was correct. Just because villian isn't a thinking player doesn't mean this play won't work vs one. To Barry, I agree I shouldn't be making plays like this and even wrote myself a sticky note saying NO READS NO MOVES lol. ty for replies.

ama0330
06-10-2007, 05:13 PM
The problem here is that your ranges were a guess and you were very lucky to be correct. You cant be results oriented even tho you were right. This is much more likely to be a monster or an overpair than anything thats going to fold. Remember the rope-a-dope from Harrington? Every time he calls with JJ, you got rope-a-doped.

tannenj
06-10-2007, 05:18 PM
stuff like this is fine against solid, thinking villains (but solid, thinking villains don't open limp in 6m).

readless, it's hilarious, major -ev.

fwiw, i think your range is perfect.

monkover
06-10-2007, 05:34 PM
This def is a major fault and -ev!! thats the way to destroy you winrate...

sh58
06-10-2007, 05:36 PM
it's a really bad turn card to double barrell as it hasn't really changed anything. if a high card arrived on the turn like an ace, then it would be a great spot to double barrell, often people will call if there is just 1 overcard, but fold if another arrives.

river bet is just suicide.

Marshall28
06-10-2007, 05:39 PM
u waited until after he called the turn to start thinking about ranges? ... this isnt an all in pot, putting villain on ranges is ridiculous at this point. basically all u should be thinking is if villain folds a J or medium PP to your bluff. if villain is weak/passive or station or whatever, u probly arent gonna make him fold.

oh and btw, this is a really terrible spot to double barrel, let alone triple barrel. the board is SOOOOOOOO DRY that if villains calls flop and the turn blanks ... like it did ... he isnt going to fold now. think of it like this ... if he thought his hand was good on the flop, the 4 changes nothing in his mind ... he is still going to think his hand is good and isnt going to fold.

bozzer
06-11-2007, 07:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
u waited until after he called the turn to start thinking about ranges? ... this isnt an all in pot, putting villain on ranges is ridiculous at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is very bad advice.

flo
06-11-2007, 08:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

matrix
06-11-2007, 08:15 AM
horrible horrible horrible....

Your location suits you well. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you have NO READS - then you must always make NO BLUFFS.

Or at least not multi street ones. Multi street bluffing vs standard uNL donks is lighting money on fire when you have a read most of the time.

They don't fold - hell some of hem will call you down here with Ace High.

Start putting people on ranges PREflop - don't wait till the turn.

just c/f the turn onwards, he isn't folding especially when the turn card is a brick, how did that 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif improve our hand exactly? i.e. what kind of hand will villain think we have? Does villain think about things like this or is he level 0?

We don't know - we have no reads.