PDA

View Full Version : 50nl: 1010 coldcall/reraise preflop??!

timtom
06-10-2007, 01:44 PM
I have no information on villain, he had just sat down.
Was my preflop raise poor?! would cold calling an hoping to hit set been optimal? I r/raised as I felt there were weak hands out there given the pot odds available!

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $125.60
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $64.30</font>
UTG: $70.35
MP: $43.25
CO: $30.55
BTN: $49.25

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.00</font>, BTN calls $2.00, SB calls $1.75, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10.50</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $8.50, SB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($25) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $12.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises all-in to $38.75</font>

prodonkey
06-10-2007, 01:51 PM
You get shown a lot of weird stuff in these situations. On flops like that they always seem to put you on AK, and sometimes will shove stuff like 4's. T's are going to be pretty marginal though, you beat the funky underpairs, and 8x which he probably doesn't have. The only legitimate hands you beat are AK and 99 though. Also your under 1/2 pot bet on the flop seems to make some people think you have crap and they will come over top of you. It's going to be a high variance play but I think I call. Would rather have QQ or AK though

timtom
06-10-2007, 01:55 PM
how about my preflop raise? do i need more strength here to raise given the already sizeable pot?

Nick C
06-10-2007, 01:58 PM
I tend to just call in this spot preflop. To some extent (although not entirely), this does amount to playing for a set, I'll admit, but with a raise and two calls in front of you, your edge isn't very big, and you won't always even have the best hand.

Nevertheless, your preflop results were good. You got the initial raiser to fold and ended up HU versus one of the cold-callers.

Or maybe they weren't so good. Button's flop push represents two preflop smooth-calls with a bigger PP (or possibly 88, although I'd expect him to slowplay that on the flop). But I think you're committed at this point (for just another $27 or so in this pot that already has $49 in it), and hopefully he just has 99 or 77 or something and decided to push on this nothing flop.

prodonkey
06-10-2007, 02:00 PM
It depends. Given that there was a raise and 2 calls a squeeze doesn't seem like a good idea since 3 people seem to like their hands. With no reads on any of them I just call and see a flop.

dimeetrees
06-10-2007, 02:12 PM
well, the pot is too big now so u have no choice but to call. Preflop. I'd reraise to 7.75 only if I felt I can isolate to a HU pot and that the callers were weak. Once the button calls, I'm going to have to assume that he doesn't have AA/KK/QQ because he didn't reraise unless he's a passive or tricky player(read dependant). so having got that out of the way the only thing that beats you is JJ, or trips/boat which is also unlikely. I think given the potsize on the flop its a clear cut call.