PDA

View Full Version : Uhm, WTF?

Fiksdal
06-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $58.55
BB: $33.40
UTG: $23.35
<font color="black">Hero (MP): $61.20</font>
CO: $58.25
BTN: $50.80

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">Vilain is like 25/4/1 over about 40 hands. I've raised his limps like once or twice in position.</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, 4 folds, <font color="red">UTG raises to $4.50</font>, Hero calls $2.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($9.75) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($9.75) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $3.00</font>, Hero calls $3.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($15.75) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets all-in for $15.85</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $15.85 returned to UTG

Pot Size: $15.75 ($0.75 Rake)

He has got to be strong here, right?

members_only
06-10-2007, 12:28 PM
you'd have thought so. you can't really call. but tbh i often have no idea what villain's doing when he pulls a move like this

wikemang
06-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Easy fold on the river. I don't think we can call here with JJ.

Fiksdal
06-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Preflop though? We aren't really getting the right price to setmine. And he has to be assigned a sick strong range here, right?

bozzer
06-10-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm not really sure about calling the LRR. maybe you can - assuming he cbets, what flops are you messing around on?

maybe when he checks to you you could bet this flop, especially given you don't have the J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. if he's planning to execute the quadfecta you'll then throw your hand away.

as played calling a small bet on the turn and folding the river seems fine.

bozzer
06-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Ficks, there's a stats post by grunch back in the day that found that LRRs were about 50% strong 50% crap IIRC. The problem is, as members_only said, you never know what the [censored] they've got when they do this. a fold preflop would be quite tight considering earlier action, but definately no more than a small leak.

Nick C
06-10-2007, 01:06 PM
It looks to me like a trappy play with a monster throughout, but it's hard to say for certain. There is, after all, another possible explanation, which is that your flop check and turn call indicated to Villain that your hand was weak and you wouldn't call a river push.

In any case, it's hard to interpret plays from short-stacks -- you simply don't know when they've decided it's time to push their stack in whether they have a hand or not. And it's unfortunate if Villain decided to pick this moment to play this way with his 55 or AQo when you had JJ, but I think you did all right.

The thing is, if Villain has, like, KK, he's not all that vulnerable with his half-stack and may decide to trap despite the three-flush board, and hands like AsKx and AxKx and even a flopped flush are all certainly possible.