PDA

View Full Version : Quick hand.. standard flop lead?

Fiksdal
06-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $49.50</font>
BB: $150.25
UTG: $48.35
CO: $44.10
BTN: $34.00

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">Only 18 hands, but villain is 11/8/oo.</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.50</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $2.25, 2 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>

Good? Or should I CR?

This is a pretty common spot which I am usually kinda unsure about.

losingdonkey
06-10-2007, 12:12 PM
generally I check on relatively dry boards because most of the time even the passive ones will fire some kind of bet. Checkraising gets you the extra c-bet every time you take it down. Donking in will only scare off marginal holdings.

Suaimhnea
06-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Even with that small sample of reads, I'd go for a check-raise on this dry board.

LMAO
06-10-2007, 12:14 PM
stn.

tiger_hall
06-10-2007, 12:15 PM
lead out. why would you check this board when they may have QJ peel off a turn and now you are losing.. also by checking you are telling villain that you have either completely missed or have a monster.. this is not a spot to check... if the board was 3 7 K rainbow board then you could check this..

LMAO
06-10-2007, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lead out. why would you check this board when they may have QJ peel off a turn and now you are losing.. also by checking you are telling villain that you have either completely missed or have a monster.. this is not a spot to check... if the board was 3 7 K rainbow board then you could check this..

[/ QUOTE ]

thank u for restoring order... i was shocked when i saw people suggesting c/r. We're not interested winning the cbet, we're interested in his stack. So i'm putting him on AK or AA and hoping for the best /images/graemlins/grin.gif if he folds... meh.

wikemang
06-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Lead, get money in now.

PietM
06-10-2007, 12:40 PM
I never slowplay in spots like this. IMO, if you want money in the pot, you have to do it yourself. Well played.

mrw8419
06-10-2007, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is very rarely checking qj here. Personally I think the board is too dry to b/3bet, but if villain is type to raise donk leads I'm all for betting into him.