PDA

View Full Version : AA makes 6-high straight....

reidardahlen
06-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Feels like I should have folded this earlier... would any of you call for a split pot on the river? Reraise flop? I surely played this one terribly.

$0,15-$0,15 No Limit HE (Real)
Seat 1: ($31,30 in chips)
Seat 2: ($42,20 in chips)
Seat 3: HERO ($13,95 in chips)
Seat 4: ($9,20 in chips)
Seat 6: ($42,70 in chips) (on the button)
Seat 8: VILLAIN ($14,60 in chips)
*** Blind Bet Round *** :
VILLAIN : Post Blind ($0,10)
stouf8 : Post Blind ($0,15)
gubics : Post Blind ($0,15)
Dealt to HERO: A /images/graemlins/club.gif,A /images/graemlins/heart.gif
*** Pre-Flop *** :
judeone : Call ($0,15)
HERO : Bet ($1)
2 fold
VILLAIN : Call ($0,90)
1 Call ($0,85)
1 fold
*** Flop *** : 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
VILLAIN : Bet ($2)
1 : Fold
HERO : Call ($2)
*** Turn *** : [ 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ] 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
VILLAIN : Bet ($4)
HERO : Call ($4)
*** River *** : [ 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ] 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
VILLAIN : Bet ($7,60)
VILLAIN : All In ($7,60)
HERO : Fold

Nottom
06-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Flop is your biggest mistake; you have to raise this.

I'd seriously consider pushing the turn as well. River is tough, you might have to call based on pot odds. Any sort of read would obviously be key in this decision.

Nick C
06-10-2007, 09:47 AM
A flop raise seems like a consideration. In any case, I don't see the fold prior to the river that you made reference to. I mean, you do have an overpair on the flop and then a straight on the turn, even if that straight is just the ass end.

I wish that 6 on the river wasn't a club, but I think I would call. You're basically getting 1:1, and a very straightforwardly played 76, a persistent XcXc, and the unfortunate (for you) 77 are the hands we're worried about. Flopped two pair, flopped sets, flopped pair plus straight draws, Ax, 6x, flopped overpairs other than 77: all of these hands are now playing the board just like you are.