PDA

View Full Version : NL50 QTs call 1/2 PSB w a str8 w/ possible flush on river?

JROK777
06-09-2007, 11:15 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $34.10
Hero: $62
Button: $277.30
SB: $91.90
BB: $54.35

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($9.5, 4 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $6.5</font>, Button calls, 2 folds.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($22.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $6.5</font>, Hero calls.

River: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($35.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $19</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $73.5

Villian was a 50/10/2 donk. Is calling this small turn bet standard here? How do you handle the river? Comment on all streets...

evazan
06-09-2007, 11:19 PM
I don't mind preflop. With one limper behind and being UTG+1 I would usually fold here but it is definitely not bad.

I do not c-bet this flop. You are 4 way and almost never have the best hand so betting for value isn't right and your almost never getting a fold from all 3 so betting to bluff isn't right either. Just check.

Turn is fine. You are getting more then good enough odds to make this call.

River is fine. I don't think he has the flush because he would probably just check behind on the turn with the draw. I don't think there is value in raising because he is not calling with any less then a flush or a Q.

vixticator
06-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Yeah, this isn't a great spot to c-bet against three opponents. His turn bet makes next to no sense with any hand since he can check behind with a flush draw. This is probably a chop on river but I would call.

mrw8419
06-10-2007, 12:02 AM
I don't mind flop cbet when they all check to you, but with so many people in the pot I probably bet 8-9 instead. Also on river I prefer a b/f line over c/c as I can see villain calling with a wider range that we are ahead of than the range that villain value bets.