PDA

View Full Version : $25nl Folding nut flush on river HU v blind

KRS ONE
06-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Villan is 39.4/13.1/5.33 over 100+hands. He seems to be one of the more solid players at the table and I really dont think he's doing this as a bluff against me, I havnt been getting out of line 3betting flops at all and most of our encounters have been pretty straight forward.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

<font color="black">SB: $39.45</font>
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $32.20</font>
UTG: $64.44
MP: $39.85
CO: $23.50
BTN: $24.15

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
4 folds, SB calls $0.15, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, SB calls $0.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.25</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $2.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, SB calls $3.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($14) J/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($14) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $32.45</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $46.45

Especially with the min raise on the flop, in hindsight this looks a lot like 55 more so than J8, though I think that makes up a big part of his range too. I can never see this being a naked J and very rarely a worse flush draw, especially since check/min raising the flop with a naked flush draw is just wierd.

Is it possible that my weakish flop bet opened the door for him to try bluff me out of this one?

I almost called but I just had that feeling that my stack would end up sliding the wrong way.

Thoughts?

jessyj07
06-09-2007, 06:07 PM
It doesn't seem like 55 cuz he'd likely raise that instead of open limp it. I'd think he'd want to protect with 2 pair a little more on the flop. He can easily have a worse flush or just a jack hoping you make a hero call with AA-QQ. I can see the merit in folding here I just think calling is +ev.

samwallistea
06-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Personally I feel if he had a 55 or J8 he would have reraised you on the flop. His most likely hand here is Jx IMO. Such an odd overbet on the river, personally, in my experience at 25NL, I would call here everytime.

ocdscale
06-09-2007, 06:45 PM
I call this almost every time, he puts you on a jack or some pair, not a flush draw, so overbetting the river doesn't make sense.

In fact, the check/minraise almost screams flushdraw to me, I think he shoves his set against you on the flop ever time because of the draws out there.

SpecT
06-09-2007, 07:13 PM
yeh, i dont really see him just calling the 3bet with 55 or J8 on such a drawy board.. so id call river expecting to see Jx or a lower flush draw. Also, raise more on the flop, like to $8-$9, that smallish raise u did has very little fold equity.

KRS ONE
06-10-2007, 05:02 AM
That makes a lot more sense now.

Urgh. I wish i'd just said lolz nutz and called.

Oh well.