PDA

View Full Version : $50 AK gets 3bet

bozzer
06-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $82.00
BB: $54.05
UTG: $89.55
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $50.00</font>
<font color="black">BTN: $51.15</font>

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">villain 65/41 but only 17 hands. no 3 betting history</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $4.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12.75</font>, BTN calls $8.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($26.25) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $16.00</font>, BTN calls $16.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($58.25) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets all-in for $22.40</font>,
Hero: you've got two of my outs.
Hero folds

Pot Size: $80.65

standard?

youthies
06-09-2007, 02:17 PM
I like your preflop play. On the flop, I'm not sure if I would even CB vs this villain.

Nick C
06-09-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm not going to put this guy on exactly JJ/KK like you did in the chatbox -- I mean, I know it's a 4-handed table, but this guy has apparently raised 7 out of 17 hands so far. Still, the fold seems all right to me. That turn card seem to shut off any possibility that you're ahead (unless Villain made a very loose flop peel), and my guess is that you have 7 outs or less on average. So you're not really getting the odds.

Chomp
06-09-2007, 03:25 PM
It would take a pretty crafty villain to interpret you very slightly scared looking cb as weakness. Or a very dumb one I guess.

So I fold here and see it as a half stack saved rather than a full stack not won.

Preflop, I wonder if one of Miller and Sklanskey's concepts might be applicable here: when in doubt, bet a little bit more rather than a little bit less (i.e. $14). Dunno, I guess that might have gotten you in more touble in this particaular instance, but the thought occured to me so I'll put it out there.

Asheh
06-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Dont flame me for this, but sometimes in this situation i like to pretend to give odds and bet small, about 20%-40% of pot, its like asking for a raise, but i also do this when im drawing big, and also when i have a set on a rainbow/nonscare board.

But with his turn push, i fold easily.

Ash.

barryc83
06-09-2007, 05:56 PM
The thing is with this specific hand (AKo/AKs) I will not 4bet donks like this bc they correctly put you on AK everytime. It sounds dumb but its true IMO. With AA-QQ I do RR pf though, and then obv stack off.

bozzer
06-10-2007, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The thing is with this specific hand (AKo/AKs) I will not 4bet donks like this bc they correctly put you on AK everytime. It sounds dumb but its true IMO. With AA-QQ I do RR pf though, and then obv stack off.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you just call preflop?

Waingro
06-10-2007, 04:17 PM
The fact that you are oop make me want to just shove pf vs this guy. Yeah it is a nasty overbet but people call with worse all the time. Also you get to see 5 cards, you never ever fold a big pot with plenty of equity etc. And yeah, I would do the same with AA obv.

bozzer
06-10-2007, 04:20 PM
he needs quite a wide 3betting range for this to be profitable, especially given small 3bet. something like 88+,AQ+ is normally required (with a 4b calling range of QQ). Its so high variance that i have stopped doing it without a read that he'll 3b light.

Waingro
06-10-2007, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he needs quite a wide 3betting range for this to be profitable, especially given small 3bet. something like 88+,AQ+ is normally required (with a 4b calling range of QQ). Its so high variance that i have stopped doing it without a read that he'll 3b light.

[/ QUOTE ]
Against a sane opponent absolutely, but against this guy? I think you can get called by worse, that is why I am pushing. It is not a semi-bluff, it is a straight up value push. Against a guy with your ranges, I am never pushing this.

bozzer
06-10-2007, 05:06 PM
ah ok. good points.

barryc83
06-10-2007, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you just call preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes against these types. I will wait to hit my hand and then pound them bc its amazing how many of them will stack off with QQ on a Axx flop and such.