PDA

View Full Version : NL 25 hand

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 01:10 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

MP ($40.05)
CO ($10.25)
Hero ($24.70)
SB ($20)
BB ($27.60)
UTG ($13.90)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Ahttp://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/spade.gif, Qhttp://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, [color=#666666]2 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $1.25</font>, [color=#666666]2 folds</font>, UTG calls $1.

Flop: ($2.85) 7http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/heart.gif, 9http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/spade.gif, Thttp://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/heart.gif [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
UTG checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets $1.5</font>, UTG calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.85) 4http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/spade.gif [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: ($5.85) Qhttp://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/club.gif [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]UTG bets $11.15 (All-In)</font>, hero??

Final Pot: $28.15

First off, I'm thinking that I should have 3-bet preflop editd: nvm, saw that he just called me) Second, this looks like a bluff line after my turn check (I had just called off a bluff like this from a shortstack on another table).

Can I lay this down on the river, considering the board? Would I have to put him on a set / big pp? /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

jk1986
06-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Cbet more, make it 2.4 or so. Rivers a very easy fold, he's got a set/straight 90% of the time

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 01:19 PM
He had AA which surprised me alot. Looking back on it, it should have been an easy fold because villain wants to be called here a lot.

jk1986
06-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Villain sounds like one for the buddylist, just valuebet him to death and take the free cards with your draws, and don't try any FPS bluffs + cbet good boards yadayada /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TIGERsrm
06-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Any reads on player?
I think a c-bet on this board is burning money at 25nl. That flop texture hits sooooooo much of his range that im definately taking the free card. Look to make c-bets on boards that are unlikely to have helped your opponent and even better on boards that you can represent something too. K83 would be a good example.
Fold river all day long.

TIGERsrm
06-09-2007, 01:23 PM
The way he played his aces was just so bad its unbelievable!

jk1986
06-09-2007, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any reads on player?
I think a c-bet on this board is burning money at 25nl. That flop texture hits sooooooo much of his range that im definately taking the free card. Look to make c-bets on boards that are unlikely to have helped your opponent and even better on boards that you can represent something too. K83 would be a good example.
Fold river all day long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its true that there are a lot of players at nl25 that you are best only to cbet on nice boards. However its heads up and OP doesnt seem to have the read that villains a fish before the hand, so I still follow up the strength pre and cbet here HU. Once you find him calling cbets more often than he should then you tone the cbets back and value bet to death

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 01:25 PM
TY, good insight. I just moved up to NL 25. At the lower levels I just had everyone clumped into "NL 10 player". Will I have to start taking notes on players at this level?

Vyse
06-09-2007, 01:26 PM
You should always take notes on players. I 9 table and make notes on someone all the time.

yntm3
06-09-2007, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
villain wants to be called here a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Why would someone who wants to be called overbet all in on the river? Don't say he is trying to induce a call by representing a bluff because players at this level will not think like that, for the most part. Think what you would do if you held the nuts and were in his spot on the river.

Okay so he had aces and played it terribly... Not everyone is going to do this and for $11 I think I can make this call depending on the dynamics of the table. Tough to say but some food for thought nevertheless.

[ QUOTE ]
That flop texture hits sooooooo much of his range that im definately taking the free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree here, too. You gotta c-bet this.

jk1986
06-09-2007, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Why would someone who wants to be called overbet all in on the river? Don't say he is trying to induce a call by representing a bluff because players at this level will not think like that, for the most part. Think what you would do if you held the nuts and were in his spot on the river.

Okay so he had aces and played it terribly... Not everyone is going to do this and for $11 I think I can make this call depending on the dynamics of the table. Tough to say but some food for thought nevertheless.

[ QUOTE ]
That flop texture hits sooooooo much of his range that im definately taking the free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most players at this level that take this line have this trail of thought:
WOW I flopped a set/straight
if I check then he'll bet
now i'll trap and just call then check again so that he doesnt fold.
Oh no he checked behind, I need to get those chips in the pot with ze nuts, all in baby.

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Jeez, only 400 hands at NL 25 but I'm down 2 buyins. I think I'm raising way too loose preflop. Does anyone have a good PF chart?

I've been getting a ton of good PF hands but can't seem to get them to call past a c-bet. AA 6 times, got them all in once vs two shorties.

I don't know if I'm playing bad or being cold-decked. I"m thinking I'll buy a CR video. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

gah, just hit my first set and it got folded around after my flop bet

jk1986
06-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Just ride it out, 400 hands is an incredibly small sample
I'll go grab the Card runners chart off their site in a sec since I feeling kind (the sites well worth joining btw, really top notch vids)

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just ride it out, 400 hands is an incredibly small sample
I'll go grab the Card runners chart off their site in a sec since I feeling kind (the sites well worth joining btw, really top notch vids)

[/ QUOTE ]
TY. Should I get the premium membership?

Vyse
06-09-2007, 01:40 PM
22+, AT+, KTs+, QJo+, 87s+

That should get you started.

jk1986
06-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Yep it's really worthwhile provided you don't have to cripple your bankroll to join. There's tons of top quality videos on there that you can watch to almost brainwash your play.

derek luv
I would say easy fold. I see this type of line a lot at this limit with set/straight/something that beats top pair.

mugatu668
[ QUOTE ]
You should always take notes on players. I 9 table and make notes on someone all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Jeez, how do you do this? I play 4 tables and I feel like a robot. How do you find the time to take notes? What sparks you to take a note? Also, I think I'll be moving to vegas 24/7 for rakeback soon.

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
22+, AT+, KTs+, QJo+, 87s+

That should get you started.

[/ QUOTE ]
Position??

jk1986
06-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Ok figure I best not post copy righted material up on here so PM you the link.

Vyse
06-09-2007, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Jeez, how do you do this? I play 4 tables and I feel like a robot. How do you find the time to take notes? What sparks you to take a note? Also, I think I'll be moving to vegas 24/7 for rakeback soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's harder for some people to multi table than others. Find out what you can do and work on that. You'll be able to play more eventually.

I make a note whenever I notice a villain do something stupid. If it was a big pot, how did he play it? Is it in tune with his "stats"? I play more on reads than HUD stats, but if the reads match the stats, well, that's one less thing I have to worry about. Is he a passive player who calls everything PF but folds to a lot of cbets / double barrels, or is he passive PF but a total calling station after the flop? What type of hands is he raising with on BTN / UTG? I note that to see if he's positionally aware. Is he stealing blinds a lot? Can he be 3bet light? I note anything out of the ordinary that I can possibly exploit or I should be wary of. It's usually nothing complex -- like I have AA, and it's a A75r, another 5 hits for a backdoor flush, and the 9 is a blank river. He stacks off with AT, I'd just be like, "Called PF 3bet, donked into me on flop, checked on turn, shoved river with TPMK," or "Put stack on line with 2nd pair + FD," etc.

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok figure I best not post copy righted material up on here so PM you the link.

[/ QUOTE ]
ty sir, i don't think the owners will mind considering i'm joining soon /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's harder for some people to multi table than others. Find out what you can do and work on that. You'll be able to play more eventually.

I make a note whenever I notice a villain do something stupid. If it was a big pot, how did he play it? Is it in tune with his "stats"? I play more on reads than HUD stats, but if the reads match the stats, well, that's one less thing I have to worry about. Is he a passive player who calls everything PF but folds to a lot of cbets / double barrels, or is he passive PF but a total calling station after the flop? What type of hands is he raising with on BTN / UTG? I note that to see if he's positionally aware. Is he stealing blinds a lot? Can he be 3bet light? I note anything out of the ordinary that I can possibly exploit or I should be wary of. It's usually nothing complex -- like I have AA, and it's a A75r, another 5 hits for a backdoor flush, and the 9 is a blank river. He stacks off with AT, I'd just be like, "Called PF 3bet, donked into me on flop, checked on turn, shoved river with TPMK," or "Put stack on line with 2nd pair + FD," etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
And you can notice all of this?

Vyse
06-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Obviously I don't notice it EVERY time it happens, and most of my notes come from through the OWN hands I'm playing, but if I note a big pot on a table I'm not playing a hand in, I'll click last hand when it's done, review the action, and make my notes accordingly. And once I have that one note, I am more apt to watch the player (and the green tab on his name also helps).

jk1986
06-09-2007, 01:55 PM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Number=6004357
Agree with Vyse that notetaking is important even more so when multitabling.
Personally I note things like what weak leads and min bets, min raises etc mean, normally weak. Also note any timing tells on big hands and bet sizing etc.

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Finished my session down $40 from 540 to 500. Really mindboggles me, though, because I had one of the sickest PF hand runs ever. I am going to look through PT now.

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Number=6004357
Agree with Vyse that notetaking is important even more so when multitabling.
Personally I note things like what weak leads and min bets, min raises etc mean, normally weak. Also note any timing tells on big hands and bet sizing etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I think timing tells are very underrated. I think it's hilarious when I have top two pair, the river completes a flush, and I do a blocking bet followed by a someone doing a 10-second pause and a raise all in.

Vyse
06-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Hmm, I've never been a big believer in timing tells, primarily because mine don't really mean anything, and I make it a point for them not to mean anything. When I know I'm going all in, I'll instantly push if someone raises or bets, whether my hand is the nuts or just TPMK or something. When I know I'm going to bet every street, though, I'll wait like 2 seconds before I bet, just because I know some people think betting immediately = strong.

jk1986
06-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Yeah when I talk about timing tells I'm not suggesting every bet, but sometimes you get the fish that insta check then insta check raise pot (used to be common when I was playing on UB), and so I'd note what that meant.
Most of my notes now are on whether the weak donk bet oop on flop into raiser is strong/weak most of the time its weak. Plus note the common practice of min block betting with draws, some players do it constantly, min bet then insta call any raise with a FD for instance. Once spotted you can really take these kind of players to value town. (also ppl that take these min bet lead lines with draws often check the river when they hit and so miss their one opportunity to get some money in good).
I've been playing party poker with spade eye recently so been running into lots of 60+VPIP fish recently that constantly take these lines.

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, I've never been a big believer in timing tells, primarily because mine don't really mean anything, and I make it a point for them not to mean anything. When I know I'm going all in, I'll instantly push if someone raises or bets, whether my hand is the nuts or just TPMK or something. When I know I'm going to bet every street, though, I'll wait like 2 seconds before I bet, just because I know some people think betting immediately = strong.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the strongest timing tells are:
insta-check flop = planning to fold
insta-check flop + insta-cell bet = drawing

jk1986
06-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Another good note is how the TAGfish react to 3bets, most will call a fairly large 3bet when in position, then fold to 2/3 cbet unless they hit hard, which is obviously very profitable for hero

TIGERsrm
06-09-2007, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most players at this level that take this line have this trail of thought:
WOW I flopped a set/straight
if I check then he'll bet
now i'll trap and just call then check again so that he doesnt fold.
Oh no he checked behind, I need to get those chips in the pot with ze nuts, all in baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true, they don't understand the fact they should be building a pot and then move in on the river when they realise its too late hoping you think thier bluffing.
Very rare this isn't a big hand.

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 02:18 PM
I am no expert at PT at all, and all I know how to do is import hand histories and look at the stats. However, it looks like I'm doing OK but my won at SD $ was like 35, which I'm pretty sure is one of the biggest indicators of running bad (from what I've seen in previous posts). I'm going to start it up again with two tables, making sure to pay more attention and take notes. My SB and BB are very unprofitable. I need to tighten up A LOT preflop, seeing as how I ran into AK with a worse ace like 5 times.

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Turns out I had some major PF leaks.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($8.40)
Hero ($24.25)
SB ($47.60)
BB ($25)
UTG ($32.15)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $4.5</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $2.50.

Turn: ($12) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2.5</font>, Hero calls $2.50.

River: ($17) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $8.5</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $25.50

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB doesn't show.
Outcome: SB wins $25.50. </font>

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 03:09 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($7.50)
MP ($23.90)
Hero ($34.95)
Button ($6.75)
SB ($23.95)
BB ($25.65)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1</font>, Hero calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $0.75, UTG calls $0.75.

Flop: ($4.10) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $13.5</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $27</font>, BB calls $11.15 (All-In).

Turn: ($55.75) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($55.75) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $55.75

BB has As 8s (one pair, aces).
Hero has 4h 4c (three of a kind, fours).
Outcome: Hero wins $55.75. </font>

derek luv
06-09-2007, 03:11 PM
How much did you have left behind after that hand? Don't feel like doign the math..

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How much did you have left behind after that hand? Don't feel like doign the math..

[/ QUOTE ]
Second hand was the wrong hand, meant to post a diff one.
I held j8 suited in the CO, flop was 3-handed and gave me a flush draw.
it was 66 x (i think queen), someone pot it and i killed, turn 8, half pot, call, i call, river completed m y flush. someone instapushed for like 1/3-1/4 pot, one fold, and then I called. They had 8/6 for a smartly played fh imo

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 03:19 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($15.35)
MP ($28.50)
Hero ($25)
Button ($61.85)
SB ($26.35)
BB ($25)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, Button calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.35) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, Button calls $2.50, UTG folds.

Turn: ($8.35) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, Button calls $5.

River: ($18.35) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: $18.35

Hero has 8d Ac (two pair, kings and eights).
Button has Js Kc (three of a kind, kings).
Outcome: Button wins $18.35. </font>

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 03:23 PM

Hero ($64.60)
SB ($5.55)
BB ($25)
UTG ($35.10)
MP ($48.45)
CO ($22.95)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $1.

Flop: ($2.85) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $1.25</font>, Hero calls $1.25.

Turn: ($5.35) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, CO calls $3.

River: ($15.35) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: $24.35

edit: one big thing I've noticed in NL 25 is that people will make better value bets on the river. Like, in nl 10 a half pot river bet means that they are weak, but I need to stop calling them in nl 25.

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 03:48 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($42.40)
UTG ($11.75)
MP ($13.75)
Hero ($26.75)
SB ($33)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.35) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, BB calls $2, MP folds.

Turn: ($6.35) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

River: ($14.35) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: $44.35

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Boom! +3 buyins in 500 hands. Will be posting questionable hands soon.

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 04:11 PM

MP ($24.95)
CO ($5.90)
Button ($43.15)
SB ($11.85)
Hero ($31.10)
UTG ($31.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1.25</font>, Hero calls $1, MP calls $1, Button calls $1.

Flop: ($5) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2.5</font>, Hero calls $2.50, MP folds, Button folds.

Turn: ($10) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $8.1 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $8.10.

River: ($26.20) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $26.20

SB has Qc Ad (one pair, aces).
Hero has Ac Qd (one pair, aces).
Outcome: SB wins $13.10. Hero wins $13.10. </font>

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($71.70)
SB ($13.90)
BB ($54.55)
UTG ($15.45)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($1.85) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1.

Turn: ($3.85) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2.

River: ($7.85) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: $15.85

Hero has 6d 9d (straight, nine high).
Outcome: Hero wins $15.85. </font>

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($75.55)
UTG ($14.35)
Button ($51.10)
SB ($13.95)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.25, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, Button calls $1, SB calls $1.

Flop: ($3.75) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, Button calls $3, SB folds.

Turn: ($9.75) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, Button calls $7.

River: ($23.75) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: $38.75

Hero has Qh Qc (two pair, queens and tens).
Outcome: Hero wins $38.75. </font>

I think I overbet rivers after checks in the hopes that they will call me. I lose lots of value by doing this and only get called / raised by better hands. this is a big diff from nl 10

UTG ($25)
MP ($6.65)
CO ($31.55)
Button ($14.35)
Hero ($40.10)
BB ($31.80)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.25. MP posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG (poster) checks, MP (poster) checks, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1.25</font>, Hero calls $1.15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls $1.

Flop: ($4.50) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, CO calls $3, Button folds.

Turn: ($10.50) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($10.50) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $3.5</font>, Hero calls $3.50.

Final Pot: $17.50

Hero has 8s 7s (full house, sevens full of queens).
CO has 6h Qs (full house, queens full of sevens).
Outcome: CO wins $17.50. </font>

that is the type of thin value bet i am talking about. at nl 10 that always means weakness

this next hand is very silly

PokerStars Game #10352185343: Hold'em No Limit ($0.10/$0.25) - 2007/06/09 - 15:49:26 (ET)
Table 'Dido III' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Kurt3 ($2.35 in chips)
Seat 3: pokasaurusre ($72.35 in chips)
Seat 4: snajpah ($12.10 in chips)
Seat 6: auricaura ($38.90 in chips)
pokasaurusre: posts small blind $0.10
snajpah: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to pokasaurusre [8s 8c]
auricaura: raises $0.75 to $1
Kurt3: folds
pokasaurusre: calls $0.90
snajpah: calls $0.75
*** FLOP *** [8h 6s 5c]
pokasaurusre: bets $2
snajpah: raises $9.10 to $11.10 and is all-in
auricaura: folds
pokasaurusre: calls $9.10
*** TURN *** [8h 6s 5c] [Ks]
*** RIVER *** [8h 6s 5c Ks] [7h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
pokasaurusre: shows [8s 8c] (three of a kind, Eights)
snajpah: shows [9h 6h] (a straight, Five to Nine)
snajpah collected $23.95 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $25.20 | Rake $1.25
Board [8h 6s 5c Ks 7h]
Seat 1: Kurt3 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: pokasaurusre (small blind) showed [8s 8c] and lost with three of a kind, Eights
Seat 4: snajpah (big blind) showed [9h 6h] and won ($23.95) with a straight, Five to Nine
Seat 6: auricaura folded on the Flop

UTG ($4.75)
Hero ($26.65)
SB ($14.75)
BB ($24.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, SB calls $1.15, BB calls $1.

Flop: ($3.75) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero calls $3, SB folds.

Turn: ($6.75) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($6.75) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $6.75

BB has 7d 7c (two pair, aces and sevens).
Hero has Tc Td (two pair, aces and tens).
Outcome: Hero wins $6.75. </font>

It feels very good to be rolled for what I'm playing (had $25 in my account 3-4 days ago) and not feel like my life is over after every bad beat. It also gives me lots of confidence. I was very lucky to win that 45-man $27 sng, and I hope I can do well /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

That doesn't mean that this hand didn't hurt, though

Button ($5.75)
Hero ($36.80)
BB ($15.75)
UTG ($24.25)
MP ($10.15)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>, BB calls $0.75, MP calls $0.75, Button calls $0.75.

Turn: ($4) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $6</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, MP calls $3.15 (All-In).

River: ($23.15) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $23.15

MP has Td 9s (full house, tens full of nines).
Hero has 2c 2h (full house, twos full of tens).
Outcome: MP wins $22.30. Hero wins $0.84. </font>

Hero ($66.75)
SB ($11.80)
BB ($38.85)
UTG ($57.30)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.35) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, UTG calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.35) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, UTG calls $3.

River: ($11.35) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $11.35

UTG has Qd Ks (two pair, aces and kings).
Hero has Qh Jh (straight, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins $11.35. </font>

BB ($42.40)
UTG ($11.75)
MP ($13.75)
Hero ($26.75)
SB ($33)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.35) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, BB calls $2, MP folds.

Turn: ($6.35) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

River: ($14.35) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: $44.35

Hero has Js Qd (two pair, queens and jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins $44.35. </font>

UTG ($5.10)
MP ($24.25)
Hero ($51.20)
SB ($10.10)
BB ($37.80)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1</font>, Hero calls $1, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($4) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $3.5</font>, Hero calls $3.50, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: ($11) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $19.75</font>, Hero calls $11.75.

River: ($50.50) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $50.50

MP has Tc Th (two pair, tens and twos).
Hero has 4d 3d (straight, six high).
Outcome: Hero wins $50.50. </font>

SB ($13.75)
BB ($4.75)
Hero ($38.90)
Button ($6.70)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.90, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($2.25) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2.25) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.75</font>, SB calls $1.75.

River: ($5.75) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $5.75

SB has 3c 8c (one pair, threes).
Hero has 6d 6c (one pair, sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins $5.75. </font>

Button ($12.05)
SB ($23.70)
Hero ($43.25)
UTG ($68.30)
MP ($31.35)
CO ($24.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1</font>, Button calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.10) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, CO calls $1, Button folds.

Turn: ($5.10) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $41.25</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: $54.35

No showdown. Hero wins $54.35. </font>

BB ($13.40)
UTG ($24.65)
Hero ($19.10)
CO ($73)
Button ($31.90)
SB ($41.30)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $3.3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $2.05.

Flop: ($6.85) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $4.8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15.8</font>, SB calls $11.

Turn: ($38.45) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($38.45) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $38.45

SB has Th Tc (one pair, tens).
Hero has Ac Ad (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins $38.45. </font>

SB ($27.25)
Hero ($40.80)
UTG ($24.65)
MP ($24.60)
Button ($2.40)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $1.

Flop: ($2.85) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $5.25</font>, Hero calls $2.75.

Turn: ($13.35) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

River: ($13.35) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: $13.35

Hero has Jh Ah (high card, ace).
MP has 8c Qc (one pair, queens).
Outcome: MP wins $13.35. </font>

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Thank you everyone in advance for taking the time to comment and making me a better poker player! /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Bump.

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 06:51 PM
This is my proudest hand from today. It was right after someone said "hard bettor, i like it" to me in the chat.

Button ($15.95)
SB ($23.65)
BB ($15)
UTG ($24.80)
MP ($5)
Hero ($43.60)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $1.15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP folds.

Flop: ($3) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: $27

No showdown. Hero wins $27. </font>

Thought process: If he really believed that I was a "hard bettor", he would try to slowplay his queen or king. If he had a good king, he wouldn't have limped pf.

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 06:58 PM
This hand pisses me off. Especially my river push.

Hero ($26.70)
BB ($25)
UTG ($32.05)
MP ($21.90)
Button ($44.95)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $1.

Flop: ($2.75) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, UTG calls $2.

Turn: ($6.75) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, UTG calls $6.

River: ($18.75) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $17.45 (All-In)</font>, UTG calls $17.45.

Final Pot: $53.65

Hero has As Ks (one pair, kings).
UTG has 9h 6h (two pair, nines and sixes).
Outcome: UTG wins $53.65. </font>

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Is this call sexy?

UTG ($39.40)
MP ($26.90)
CO ($15.85)
Hero ($26.30)
SB ($40.95)
BB ($24.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2.10) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.10) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2.25</font>, Hero calls $2.25.

Final Pot: $6.60

BB has Th 6h (one pair, twos).
Hero has 9s 4s (two pair, fours and twos).
Outcome: Hero wins $6.60. </font>

mugatu668
06-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Is this turn spew?

Hero ($48.10)
SB ($25)
BB ($33.25)
UTG ($22.75)
MP ($65.65)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.75, MP calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.10) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, BB folds, MP calls $2.

Turn: ($7.10) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5.25</font>, MP folds.

Final Pot: $12.35

No showdown. Hero wins $12.35. </font>

mugatu668
06-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Broke through $600! My table image is awesome. After an hour or so at the table, I have people waiting to pick me off, but also being pissed off at my c-bets. the result is being called down by a/10 on a 10x5xx board when i have 55

mugatu668
06-10-2007, 06:55 PM
I am destroying NL 25. I now have $700 (while 4-tabling). I am picking off bluffs so easy and making great value best. I'm really on the top of my game.