PDA

View Full Version : 25nl - AJ - Tricky Spot on A high board

Mezzanine
06-09-2007, 12:29 PM
First time trying this:

Villain is 27/5/2 over 80+ hands

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $70.45
Villain: $25.25
UTG: $48.55
MP: $22.75
CO: $26.15
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $29.60</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, SB folds, Villain calls $1, MP calls $1

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($3.60) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
Villain checks, <font color="red">MP bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, <font color="red">Villain raises to $9.80</font>, Hero???

My stats were 17/14/2 and i have been trying to isolate MP who is a mega fish but the Villain has cold called my isolation raises OOP several times with suited Aces and other junk like 97o. Obv im not worried about the fish because he regularly jabbed at pots like this and folded to a raise but its worth noting that the Villain got stacked with A10o on a Ace high flop earlier in the session. Btw the Villain cold called a similar raise from another player with Kings so he hasnt 3-bet yet. What to do?

sharpie
06-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Fold. If he's coldcalling KK it sounds like he can have better kickers, and also A6s A5s are in his range, as are the obvious sets. I'd be suprised if he was pushing a worse ace or a flush draw.

ocdscale
06-09-2007, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but its worth noting that the Villain got stacked with A10o on a Ace high flop earlier in the session.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was he calling down with it or did he raise/bet all-in?

This looks like a fold to me, but you can go with your read (just make sure it's applicable).

derek luv
06-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Did the middle position call the reraise?

Mezzanine
06-09-2007, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but its worth noting that the Villain got stacked with A10o on a Ace high flop earlier in the session.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was he calling down with it or did he raise/bet all-in?

This looks like a fold to me, but you can go with your read (just make sure it's applicable).

[/ QUOTE ]

He check raised and called a shove on a A95 flop, however the player he was involved with in the pot seemed a bit donkish in previous hands(he had AQ).

Oh and MP folded