PDA

View Full Version : Blind wars

corsakh
06-09-2007, 09:36 AM
20NL Prima

Villain is an overagressive LAG, raising LP, calling raises OOP with any connector, any pair etc. Religiously bets any flop checked to him, minraises every flop he thinks you missed. Usually folds to a 3bet. Extensive history from previous sessions where he tilted the [censored] out of me with his constant minraises and eventaul suck out on a two outer with a bottom pair against my top + OESD. After that he shutdown and stopped minraising for a while.

Today this started again. Bet, minraise, fold. Bet, minraise, 3bet, fold. Twice from from the blinds.

Finally I actually hit the board a little bit.

Hero SB with A8.

4 fold, Hero raises to 0.75, BB calls.

Pot 1.3. Flop 278r.
Hero pots, BB minraises, Hero repots, BB calls.

Pot 11. Turn 9.
Hero ???

12 behind.

boycalledroy
06-09-2007, 09:45 AM
When playing uber-aggressive players, allow them to come onto you when you have position on them. Playing guys who are aggro with zilch it is SO hard oop.

corsakh
06-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Kinda hard to have position on him when he sits on my immediate left. I mean I am not supposed to change tables just because of one lagtard or am I?

Vyse
06-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Switch seats.

I play more marginal hands against LAGs and take them farther because I trust my post flop skills, even if it means playing OOP. They don't mind playing a big pot in any position with any hand, so you can't mind either. If that means putting stacks up with 2nd pair, so be it.

matrix
06-09-2007, 10:14 AM
c/r all-in.

[ QUOTE ]
I am not supposed to change tables just because of one lagtard or am I?

[/ QUOTE ]

if that LAGtard is on your left - YES!

get up - join the waitlist and sit on HIS left. (then play a little tighter opening range but keep 3betting his opens until he tilts off his stack)

corsakh
06-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Cbet on missed boards after a 3bet? He is going to check/minraise or check/push pretty often if I 3bet him a second time.