PDA

View Full Version : NL50: AK in a reraised pot 200+bb deep

raiden
06-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Villain is 20/12/3 after a smallish sample. Hasn't been 3-betting my raises before.

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $49.25
UTG+1: $78.44
Hero: $130.65
Button: $112.15
SB: $60.37
BB: $27.90

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif
2 folds, Hero raises to $2, Button raises to $6, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($12.75, 2 players)
Hero bets $9, Button raises to $18, Hero ?

Often I 4-bet w/ AK but this time decided to call.

Comments on preflop and flop action?

boycalledroy
06-09-2007, 09:18 AM
I play as you did. Call and call. Part of me would want to kill it preflop with a 4-bet, but that gets rid of hands you are dominating (such as AQ). The only problem is on this flop the only hand you are beating that could be in here with you is AQ. He could be testing with KK to see if you do have the A, or even QQ. What do you do on subsequent streets? Are you calling to fold to a push? Are you leading a blank turn? Do you want to see a King?

matrix
06-09-2007, 09:57 AM
if he's not been 3betting you before this - this is not the time to 4bet AK.

I call the minraise - check the (non K)turn and reevaluate after his action.

If he bets large I fold, if he bets small (~1/2pot or less) I call. If I spike a K I b/3b all-in or c/r all-in which ever is more likely to net more chips. If he has rockets - coolered he has AK/AQ/AJ here more often than a set I think.

if the turns a Q I c/f, an Ace turn doesn't change much.

Most of the rest of the deck is bricks, if he bets like he wants a lot of value I tend to put him on something we beat and fold, it's unlikely that he'd be value betting something we beat too hard in a rr pot this deep.

We have a small pot hand OOP with HUGE reverse implieds and a reasonably large chunk of the time we split to AK. As there's no dead money in the pot a split = a loss.

Unless I have a read that villain likes to bluff, I am getting this hand to SD cheap if possible.

If I know villain likely bets all 3 streets after a flop min-raise I tend to fold flop. If I know villain sometimes minraises flop CB's and then shutsdown if called I call flop more often.

Vyse
06-09-2007, 09:58 AM
lol @ 4betting with AK.

This is a super lame hand here, because raising/pushing on the flop is bad -- only better hands call. But if you just flat call, you're OOP with just TPTK who's a nit. By calling the flop raise, you're basically saying, yes, I want to put my whole stack OOP with TPTK v a nit. No thanks.

Fold to flop raise.

Stigen
06-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Preflop is fine, but why do you bet the flop OOP againts a preflop 3-bet? I think it’s better to check-call the flop. Villains miniraise doesn’t tell us much. He might have you beat and valuebetting the flop (valuebetting with huge hands by miniraising is very common on these stakes), or he’s testing you with QQ/KK.

Villains range and equity might be:

Board: Ad 5h Jc
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 58.208% 48.92% 09.29% 15982 3034.50 { AcKd }
Hand 1: 41.792% 32.50% 09.29% 10619 3034.50 { JJ+, AJs+, AJo+ }

I would call his miniraise, and check turn and reevaluate his action on turn. He might be valuebetting turn with AK/AA/JJ/AJ, and in that case you are behind due to equity if the turncard is blank. He will probably put you on a big ace, and check behind with AQ/QQ/KK.

derek luv
06-09-2007, 11:45 AM
I think that your pre-flop and flop actions were fine. I would call on the flop but I'm really not sure what to do on the turn. Check it (if not King) and probably fold to a huge bet but call a small bet. He could be doing this with Queens/Kings and I think I'm best here but would have to reevaluate on turn.

Vyse
06-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Villains almost ALLLLLLLLLLLLWAYS bet the next street if you check to them if they minraise you. And why shouldn't they? You're basically giving them the pot.

mrw8419
06-09-2007, 01:21 PM
I hate your lead into the raiser if you plan on folding, you are turning your hand into a bluff. I would probably c/c flop, lead turn, and lead river.