PDA

View Full Version : 25nl FR: KQo flops 2over cards

22pajo
06-09-2007, 05:01 AM
First off a brief introduction.
I'm Pajo and i'm addicted to poker.

ok seriously, i'm Pajo and i'm making a transition from LHE to NLHE and this is my first post in the uNL forum.

I have spent the past 2 days reading as many of the posts/threads from the 3 stickys at the top of the uNL forum and am awestruck at the amount of quality information available to a NLHE n00b.

However it is a lot to take in initially so i plan to spend lots of time re reading this info. Now i'm sure there is a post somewhere similar to the hand i have a question about but i couldn't find it (the search engine came up with little of use to me).

So apologies for the long winded intro to a single hand.
I'll cut to the chase. Thanks in advance and apologies if i screwed up any of this post up.

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
10 players

No reads i'm afraid as i have only played 2 orbits so far.

Stack sizes:
UTG: $19.65
UTG+1: $19.44
UTG+2: $12.55
MP1: $21.14
MP2: $15.30
Hero: $17.16
CO: $93.96
Button: $25.26
SB: $43.52
BB: $5.89

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4.75, 6 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $4.75</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, Hero ???
<font color="blue"> My thinking: Pot is offering me 3:1 to call, i think my 6 out overcards are all clean and am therefore a 6.7:1 dog. However, do my implied odds make this a call? I know its impossible to put an exact value on implied odds.

Comments on preflop also welcome </font>

Nick C
06-09-2007, 05:10 AM
This is a pretty easy flop fold, I think. It's possible your outs are clean, sure, but I don't think you should assume that in a pot where 6 people saw the flop.

Also, if your outs are clean, there's a good chance the action is going to freeze up when you, as the PFR, catch on the turn.

I suspect you're suffering from reverse-implied odds here as much as you're benefiting from implied odds, although I'll admit that it's hard to say for certain -- especially at a table that is as loose as this one appears to be.

By the way, I don't think raising preflop accomplishes much in this hand. Your cards aren't really that good at a full table, cutting into the value of the raise, and also bumping it to just $0.75 after three limpers isn't going to thin the field much. So you're kind of just building a big pot with a hand that usually will either whiff or flop just TP2K or second-pair, top kicker or maybe a broadway gutshot or something. (I guess I'm saying that if I was going to make a pot-sweetening preflop raise like this one, I'd rather have cards with greater big-hand potential, like suited broadways or a pocket pair.)

jk1986
06-09-2007, 06:43 AM
Pajo you'll probably get more responses in the FR forum!

22pajo
06-09-2007, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pajo you'll probably get more responses in the FR forum!

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn, i thought this was the FR forum. Sorry
Mods, feel free to move it

22pajo
06-09-2007, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Damn, i thought this was the FR forum. Sorry
Mods, feel free to move it

[/ QUOTE ]
Mods, no need to move, i have re posted in the correct forum.
Apologies.