PDA

View Full Version : NL50 K6s flops a FD & gutshot.

JROK777
06-09-2007, 04:09 AM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $55.55
UTG+1: $48
CO: $77.75
Hero: $52.10
SB: $49.50
BB: $63.15

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $3</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($6.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $4.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $13.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $27</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $49.1</font>, BB calls.

I didn't have a read on villian. I'm not sure what his min reraise PF means. Should I have folded PF? As played, without reads is it better to just call his flop bet? Most dumb villians min raise PF is a legit hand. After we know that we have no fold equity, a shove is standard? There is a lot of $ in the pot and we have two draws to a strong hand. The king might also be good enough to win. Comment on all streets.

Nick C
06-09-2007, 04:25 AM
After the flop raise doesn't work, I don't think it matters very much anymore what you do. You're basically committed (I mean, you're even a slight favorite versus QcQs), and it doesn't look like Villain is going to fold. So pushing and getting it over with seems fine, although the one thing that makes me tempted just to call is the thought that Villain might continue being trappy on the turn and bet just half of your remaining stack there. Most likely this is a futile hope, though.

Preflop, I think seeing a flop for just $1.25 more is okay, although I wouldn't be happy about it.