PDA

View Full Version : 25NL - AA stacked by a set

hummusx
06-09-2007, 01:22 AM
Yeah, normally I'd post the hand and not give out what happened, etc. But I really want to focus on the big pots I'm losing, and this is one of them. I mean, great, I stack people with sets. Then they stack me with sets. The only winner is pokerstars.

So, should I have done anything different here? This guy was not a tight regular or anything. I think he's like 30/5/1 or something like that.

When he shoves I've only got like $10 behind. Honestly, at that point I'm pretty sure that if I stop and think for a minute I can know I'm beaten. I could probably lay it down and save myself $10. But if this is one of those places where more often than not I'm winning, fine. I played with a guy earlier that felted AQo on this exact same board, although it didn't all go in on the flop.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($24.15)
Button ($51)
SB ($31.65)
Hero ($25)
UTG ($25.60)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, Button calls $1.

Flop: ($2.60) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $13</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $49.75</font>, Hero calls $10.75 (All-In).

Turn: ($76.10) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($76.10) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $76.10

demon102
06-09-2007, 01:31 AM
given the info here about villain Id have a hard time laying this down, tell u the truth wish I didnt know the results just so I could have free reign of thinking about this hand

Nick C
06-09-2007, 01:32 AM
I don't know if you're usually winning after this action or not, but once it gets down to your last $10.75, I think you should call. I mean, you're getting like 3:1, and it must be pretty obvious to Button that the two of you are playing for stacks once you 3-bet the flop. So it's not hard to imagine him pushing whether he has you beat or not, just to get it over with.

hummusx
06-09-2007, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
given the info here about villain Id have a hard time laying this down, tell u the truth wish I didnt know the results just so I could have free reign of thinking about this hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I understand. But 90% of the time when people post this hand up here it's a set or something equally donkish. I just wanted to come right out and put it on the table. I was literally piling money in my fireplace and lighting it on fire tonight. I want to take a hard look at the problem areas.