PDA

View Full Version : NL10 TP, NFD v 2 shorties. Please explain equity calc.

MaltbyStu
06-09-2007, 12:01 AM
I need help understanding the math behind a shove or fold here.

It seems like an obvious shove to me due to their lack of chips but I really want to understand the math/reasoning so I can make future push/folds with confidence.

It doesn't matter what range I give them in stove I'm always about 60% equity to their 20 each. But, to be honest I'm not really sure what to do with those numbers.

Would someone mind explaining with some math?

Thanks,

Stu

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($12.45)
BB ($1.90)
UTG ($3.15)
MP ($9.55)
CO ($5.80)
Button ($3.20)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.40) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.3</font>, BB calls $0.30, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1.2</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.1</font>, BB calls $1.50 (All-In), UTG calls $1.85 (All-In).

Turn: ($9.35) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($9.35) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $9.35

bozzer
06-09-2007, 08:40 AM
you need to get an idea of their ranges so you can work out your fold equity which is crucial to the profitablilty of a lot of semi-bluffs.

assuming you have no FE, your equity on the shove is:

&lt;shovecalled&gt; = .6($9.35) - $4.1

if you did have some FE you would then do this:

(FE * pot you win when they fold) + ((1-FE)*&lt;shovecalled&gt;) = &lt;shove&gt;

hope that makes sense.

MaltbyStu
06-09-2007, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you need to get an idea of their ranges so you can work out your fold equity which is crucial to the profitablilty of a lot of semi-bluffs.

assuming you have no FE, your equity on the shove is:

&lt;shovecalled&gt; = .6($9.35) - $4.1

if you did have some FE you would then do this:

(FE * pot you win when they fold) + ((1-FE)*&lt;shovecalled&gt;) = &lt;shove&gt;

hope that makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Bozzer / anyone,

Isn't this situation it a little less clear cut since one villain has already pushed (I have no FE therefore) and the other is likely to call now, given that he's short and prolly a donk with an Ace.

Regarding ranges, as I said in OP I tried many different ranges and I never really stray from 60% equity. It's because of this I am trying to understand if a push is good here?

Stu