PDA

View Full Version : 25NL Blind battle vs loose player

bored
06-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Hello all,

I recently started playing NL holdem and I was wondering if I played this hand right. SB's pokertracker stats were 75/30/.7. I bet the flop and turn for value and I thought about folding to the river allin because of his low postflop aggression number, but I thought maybe he could have a 2 pair type hand.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $27.95
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $25.00</font>
UTG: $10.95
MP: $13.70
CO: $24.75
BTN: $24.90

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, 3 folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($0.75) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.75</font>, UTG calls $0.75, SB folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($2.25) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, UTG calls $1.50

<font color="black">River:</font> ($5.25) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $8.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12.00</font>, UTG calls all-in for $0.45
Uncalled bet of $3.55 returned to Hero

Pot Size: $22.15 ($1.05 Rake)

In the Zone
06-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Check/Fold the flop.

Don't bet this flop, there's no value there.
Don't bet the turn either, there's no value there.

Your biggest mistake is betting the river, any hand with a King has you beat for a higher straight. Min raises at this level on the river usually signal someone begging for a call.

Alize
06-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Agree especially since he minraised leaving himself .45 behind. lol

Spechel EDD
06-08-2007, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check/Fold the flop.

Your biggest mistake is betting the river, any hand with a King has you beat for a higher straight. Min raises at this level on the river usually signal someone begging for a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is absolutely the worst advice ive ever read. i bet this flop 9/10 times because it wins me the pot. utg limped in with a speculative hand and got it cheap and he will only continue with top pair or better.

once he calls i shut down and go c/f turn and river

In the Zone
06-09-2007, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check/Fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is absolutely the worst advice ive ever read. i bet this flop 9/10 times because it wins me the pot. utg limped in with a speculative hand and got it cheap and he will only continue with top pair or better.

once he calls i shut down and go c/f turn and river

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it really the worst? I told him to c/f the flop since he said he's a beginner to NL HE. He's OOP with a marginal holding. When you first started didn't you ever fire on the flop and feel lost on a turn card that didn't really help?

I'm sure you're more comfortable OOP now that when you first started. I thought this would be the best advice to give a beginner.