PDA

View Full Version : TPGK Multiway

a1Six5Six
06-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $7.10
<u>BB: $10.70</u>
<u>UTG: $25.60</u>
MP: $35.46
CO: $25.00
<u>Hero (BTN): $26.35</u>

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">This is UTG's 2nd hand at the table

BB is 23/10/no aggression reading over 60 hands. He has gone all-in with air twice.

PF- I called looking for a cheap flop, but now re-thinking it maybe I should have raised strongly for more information folding to a 3 bet. Thoughts?

Flop- With TPGK I raised UTG for info planning to fold to a re-raise from him. When BB went all-in and UTG called I think I had 5:1 odds so I didn't think I could fold. Looking back I should have folded because there's no way I'm ahead in a multiway raised pot. I 4bet all-in hoping to force UTG out and trap his dead money, and I figured calling would make me pot commited anyhow.

As always any advice would be appreciated.</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.50</font>, MP folds, CO calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.50, SB folds, BB calls $0.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.10) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $2.00</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $10.20</font>, UTG calls $8.20, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $25.85</font>, UTG calls all-in for $14.90
Uncalled bet of $0.75 returned to Hero

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($62.50) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players - 3 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($62.50) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players - 3 All-In)

Pot Size: $62.50 ($3 Rake)

JROK777
06-08-2007, 04:27 PM
SPEW. KQ isn't much of a hand to call a preflop raise with. The flop is really dangerous here. I wouldn't have called PF. Your taking a weak hand and playing a UTG raiser. What do his UTG min raises mean? It looks like he's an idiot. Idiot's could have AA-QQ here. Even when you hit TP you have no idea if your kicker is good. UTG pot bet the flop, that shows some more strength on a drawy board. Then when you raise, you have no idea what shorty is going to do behind you. It might be weak tight but I would fold PF. As played, I would c/c the flop and fold the turn. I don't have much confidence in this hand.

Learning
06-08-2007, 04:33 PM
I'm certainly calling a PF minraise on the button with KQ, but JROK777 is right about the dangers of the flop. Raising an unknown's pot sized bet on a staight/flush/doom board like that with another to act behind is just asking to get stacked.

jessyj07
06-08-2007, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm certainly calling a PF minraise on the button with KQ, but JROK777 is right about the dangers of the flop. Raising an unknown's pot sized bet on a staight/flush/doom board like that with another to act behind is just asking to get stacked.

[/ QUOTE ]