PDA

View Full Version : 0.5/1 NL homegame AA-hand

98Suited
06-08-2007, 01:57 PM
4-handed homegame
villain is half decent, mostly a tournament player though
Eff stacks are ~200bb

I'm in the bb and it gets limped to me, I look down at red AA and make it 7 to go. Been raising a lot pf, not much oop though. utg and button(villain) calls and we see a flop of:

236r

I lead for 20, utg folds and villain calls. Turn is:

4 of spades, making backdoor spade draw

I bet 40, and he thinks a bit and calls. River is a 2, pairing the board, no flush. Board:

Bet or check? c/c or c/f?
He is a pretty staight forward player, usually on the tighter side. we did play a donkament earlier, which he won, so he might feel he can afford to gamble a bit. He could have gotten past the flop with like 55, but he would generally raise, putting me on AK-type hand (lol donkaments) and I feel he should definitely raise turn with that hand, same with 54. Basically I'm down to smaller overpairs and missed spades. What do you think?

Peter Harris
06-08-2007, 02:46 PM
i'd c/c there and hope to induce a bluff from such a player.

evazan
06-08-2007, 02:48 PM
I would either check/call or put in a blocking bet of about 1/2 the pot. This will be based on any more reads you have. Has he been agressive pf? Would he be raising 77+ pf or limping?

98Suited
06-08-2007, 04:49 PM
I'd say he definitely would 1010+ pf, could be limpcalling with pairs below that. I'm asuming you'd fold if he raised the 1/2 pot blocking bet?

cmh
06-08-2007, 05:31 PM
I think you should value bet. Every time I get in this situation against this type of player they have some mid pair and I leave a ton of money on the table when I check and they check behind. Especially, since he thought a bit on the turn. I either shove or bet half the pot and fold to a raise.

The 1/2 pot size bet seems best here unless you think he'll call a shove with a mid pair.

RMLewis
06-08-2007, 06:10 PM
I like a check/call here. If you put out a block bet and get raised, you'll still WANT to call.. Right now, you have no idea where you stand and villain's range is extremely wide. Why risk spending 2-bets to see a result you can afford for 1?

tarheeljks
06-08-2007, 06:28 PM
i think a value bet is in order here. he will probably call w/a pp. what is everyone afraid of being raised by?