PDA

View Full Version : NL50 AA flushy turn against shortie

Triggerle
06-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $55.35
BB: $57.45
UTG: $40.85
<font color="black">Hero (MP): $50.00</font>
CO: $84.45
<font color="black">BTN: $22.15</font>

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">Villian was 36/0/0.3</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $2.50, 3 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6.25) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5.00</font>, BTN calls $5.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($16.25) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero ??

Pokey
06-08-2007, 01:19 PM
With no reads at all, I push the turn. Villain is much more likely to be on a spade draw now than to have hit a spade flush; take advantage of that and put the money in while he's got enough hope left to pay you off.

The straight is incredibly unlikely and two pair would have to be strange. Unless he's got a slowplayed set, you should be golden. Push and get called by a strong K, a strong spade, or both. If he's got you, rebuy and make a note so that next time you will have a read.

orig!naL
06-08-2007, 01:40 PM
i agree straight is highly unlikely, you have 2 of the A's - he more often than not has none. A set is my biggest worry here. KK and JJ seem to be a big possibility here. I think I'm checking the turn here to try and control the pot size and to gain a little information (the big problem is that there is a strong chance he tries to rep the flush even if he doesn't have it). This is really read dependent, but if I haven't played many hands against this villain and he bets big when we check turn, I would strongly consider folding. What hand do we beat other than KQ, the small possibility he is holding AK or pure air? I agree with pokey there is a chance he has one spade, but this could very well be a big set to me. I don't see you being much more than a coin flip here.

sputum
06-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Get your money in. He won't let a K or J (well, sometimes) go here and he has one a lot.
What else can you do? 1 PSB and you're all in. Check-fold? Bet which rivers if the turn's checked through?
If he wins, you'll get it back anyway /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BishopsFinger
06-08-2007, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i agree straight is highly unlikely, you have 2 of the A's - he more often than not has none. A set is my biggest worry here. KK and JJ seem to be a big possibility here. I think I'm checking the turn here to try and control the pot size and to gain a little information (the big problem is that there is a strong chance he tries to rep the flush even if he doesn't have it). This is really read dependent, but if I haven't played many hands against this villain and he bets big when we check turn, I would strongly consider folding. What hand do we beat other than KQ, the small possibility he is holding AK or pure air? I agree with pokey there is a chance he has one spade, but this could very well be a big set to me. I don't see you being much more than a coin flip here.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh god

-a shorty smoothcalling kk or jj pf?
-pot control against a shorty who has less than a psb behind?
-if he bets we are calling so IF he does rep the flush often then its a good thing

yeah youll be behind sometimes here but i think its well %50&gt; and checking here is nasty.

put him ai

Triggerle
06-08-2007, 02:34 PM
<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($16.25) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $42.50</font>, BTN calls all-in for $14.65
Uncalled bet of $27.85 returned to Hero

<font color="black">River:</font> ($45.55) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $45.55 ($2.20 Rake)

BTN had A/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (a flush, Ace high) and WON (+$21.20)
Hero had A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif (a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$22.15)

I forgot to tell that I am currently on a massive downswing (or bad play as one poster would say)

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sputum
06-08-2007, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $42.50</font>, BTN calls all-in for $14.65
Uncalled bet of $27.85 returned to Hero

<font color="black">River:</font> ($45.55) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $45.55 ($2.20 Rake)

BTN had A/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (a flush, Ace high) and WON (+$21.20)
Hero had A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif (a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$22.15)

I forgot to tell that I am currently on a massive downswing (or bad play as one poster would say)

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh man obv you should have bet $14.65 rather than your whole stack. Shorties always call one and fold the other.