PDA

View Full Version : 50NL TPTK on the turn

Shizzle12345
06-08-2007, 09:56 AM
did i play this well, bet more on river? I strongly felt he had a weak ace. No reads

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $129.25
BB: $15.11
UTG: $47.30
MP: $75.35
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $49.00</font>
BTN: $29.63

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, BTN calls $2.00, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6.50) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($6.50) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $4.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($14.50) J/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8.00</font>, SB calls $8.00

Pot Size: $30.50 ($2 Rake)

L8Bloomer
06-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Oh! Mandatory c-bet on the flop. When you see the board paired like that, it means one less chance that the villain has hit. You need to continue showing strength. If he calls your bet at that point, then you know he has something worth playing for. A check gives you no information at all.

After the A comes on the turn, you can put him on 77+, with more of a likelyhood of 88-JJ or A weaker kicker (because he didn't reraise preflop). Then you make pot-sized bet on turn, and pot sized bet on river.

Shizzle12345
06-08-2007, 11:39 AM
k thx. The reason I didnt cbet is that, i one of them was a huge station and would call with any pair. Is it wrong to not cbet then? Normally ill cbet this tho.

L8Bloomer
06-08-2007, 11:45 AM
When you have a calling station, that does put a wrinkle into things. But even with a calling station, you still have to put yourself on a better hand with a paired board. So I cbet and let him keep calling me after i see that turn!

thawannabe
06-08-2007, 11:50 AM
C-bet the flop. Its a decent flop to be betting into multiple people.

As played: I think you played the river fine. Then only hand i fear is AJ that is c/c for fear of the 6. Without stats on the villain you may consider A7 also but unlikely. If the sb was the calling station tho (you didnt say) I would have bet prolly 10 on the river for added value of the dry aces and rarely a 7x.

In the Zone
06-08-2007, 05:06 PM
I would have played this the same. I think a c-bet gets calls from mid pairs all the time. Especially with a c-station involved. I would rather check the flop and try and hit one of my 6 outs on the turn.

Turn and river look standard to me.

I don't know if that's flawed thinking, but that's just me.

jessyj07
06-08-2007, 05:11 PM
I would never check this flop with any hand I raised pf with. Even if he is a calling station with any pair, there is only one pair he can have and it's unlikely he has a 6. If there is a 2/6/7/J-A on the turn I'm double barrelling this if button folds and sb calls.