PDA

View Full Version : [50nl]turn 2pair in unraised pot - facing bet and raise in front of me

danny8
06-08-2007, 09:25 AM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $53.65
BB: $62.90
UTG: $73.50
CO: $81.65
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $61.10</font>

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">i've been isolating UTG a lot in the last orbit so decided to ease off a bit and just limp behind preflop

bb is a fairly tight, not great player. i've seen him check flop with marginal hands and then stabs at the pot on the turn...

don't really know anything about UTG</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, SB folds, BB checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.25) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 Players)
BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($2.25) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $3.00</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $3.00, BB calls $2.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($11.25) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $5.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $22.00</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">UTG raises all-in to $70.00</font>, Hero calls all-in for $35.60
Uncalled bet of $12.40 returned to UTG

Pot Size: $126.45 ($3 Rake)

anyone like a flop bet? whats my plan on the turn?

river i hit my gin card so its pretty standard i think.

all comments appreciated, thanks a lot!

L8Bloomer
06-08-2007, 11:42 AM
I would say that a c-bet on flop i mandatory - you don't get any information if you don't c-bet. The only real reason you made money in this is because you got lucky on the turn and river. At that point, you obviously didn't need any information. A c-bet helps you figure out what the other player has, gives you a better chance to put him on a range. You very well may not have gotten this large pot by making a c-bet, but I wouldn't pass up a chance to get information from other players when the opportunity presents itself. Especially when you hit a pair on the flop.

Peter Harris
06-08-2007, 12:05 PM
it's only a c-bet when you raise PF.

that said, flop is a bet when checked to here.

Nick C
06-08-2007, 12:18 PM
I think the turn cold-call is all right, but I'm not very happy about the action. After UTG raises the turn, it looks a lot like he either just caught his gutshot or he was sandbagging on the flop. And even if he was just playing his 87 cautiously on the flop, he still has a better hand than you. (I think we're kind of hoping here that your flop check convinced him that his 98 was good or that he likes his A7 or something or was being sneaky with KK.)

The river looks good. I wouldn't be shocked to see 88 or the case 7's, but I think you will discover more often that Villain has, like, T9 or 54 or 22 or AA. (And that's even after Villain shoves. Prior to the shove, there are some modest hands that it wouldn't be too hard for Villain to have.)