PDA

View Full Version : I IS ROBOT, TP = ALL-IN

Fiksdal
06-08-2007, 07:23 AM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $15.00
BB: $24.00
UTG: $14.80
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $35.20</font>
BTN: $20.05

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">I only had 15 hands on villain, but fwiw he was 24/0 1</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $0.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.10) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $4.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $34.20</font>

1. What range do you put villain on for his CR?

2 How do you respond to it if you are Hero?

ama0330
06-08-2007, 07:29 AM
15 hands is not a sample so it doesn't count.

I think he just calls AJ or less here so I go into wa/wb mode, call the 3bet and try to get to sd. The board is so dry that im seriously sketchy about my hand.

Fiksdal
06-08-2007, 07:32 AM
So youre calling down, Ama?

We call and villain bets fairly large on a blank turn, we call? With what river plan?

scorpion_nz
06-08-2007, 07:35 AM
At 25NL I think you can be sure that you're going to get called down by many hands, many of which you beat. Though, I think you're either way ahead or way behind apart from the weird straight draws like T8. I don't mind a shove, but I think you can accomplish the same thing with a smaller raise. I'm sure people will have various opinions on that, I'm a little conservative until I have more solid reads on my opponents.

ama0330
06-08-2007, 07:37 AM
I'll call down if its reasonable and dump to real pressure. I don't see him playing a worse hand this way and there are no draws. I feel fine about folding the turn.

bluffbetter
06-08-2007, 07:41 AM
BB has a full stack, which is more likely to be a good player if he's been at the table a while because good players tend to keep their stack topped up.

I think you are behind alot of the time here against good players and I don't think there are as many weak flop raises at this level as you might think, although you did bet nearly exactly full pot after a check which looks a bit like it might be a bluff, but the majority of people will not be raisng to find this out.

But with position I think you can call here and reassess the turn, if he bets more than half pot on the turn then I fold, if he bets less then 1/2, call.

munkey
06-08-2007, 07:53 AM
vs unknown

I call the flop raise on this dry board and then am only betting/calling 1 street to showdown.

Only alot of hands that beat you are caling a 3bet AI on this dry flop. If we call IP he has to decide to fire again with a PP/bet his Ax -obv a set will bet too but we keep more of his range that we beat in by calling DUCY.

if he 3bets AK - unlikely but he is essentiayl an unknown tight player we're ahead and need to extract from Ax whilst we're behind sets/A9s so only payoff 1 street and pot control his ass.

Only problem is if u suspect he'll pay more with Aj-.

matrix
06-08-2007, 07:59 AM
You just let villain play his hand perfectly.

AK beats you (he calls with AK) 2pair/set etc he calls with all those as well.

about the only hand we beat that calls is AJ.

I call the flop and re-eval the turn. If he leads big on a blank turn I fold. If the turns a club push OTT of his lead. If he checks the turn to us (and it's not a Q) check behind.

If he's c/r'ed the flop and lead big on the turn you have to assume that we aren't getting to SD cheap and he'll make another bet on teh river. We have a small pot hand that can't handle too much heat when we have no reads.