PDA

View Full Version : Why does it have to get so ugly all the time

Fiksdal
06-08-2007, 06:07 AM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.15/$0.30 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $61.40</font>
BB: $82.05
UTG: $74.40
MP: $59.85
CO: $64.80
BTN: $18.70

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">Villain is 17/13/5 over 43 hands.

I have been running 22/20/oo over the same sample.</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.05</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $1.05, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.00</font>, BB folds, MP calls $3.95, BTN folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($11.35) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $9.00</font>, MP calls $9.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($29.35) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, MP checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($29.35) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $15.00</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $40.50</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $25.50 returned to MP

Ugh.

Any comments appreciated.

L8Bloomer
06-08-2007, 11:14 AM
with flush and straight draw possibilities here, I make at least a pot sized bet on the flop. They are less likely to get called by chasers, and more profitable in the long run. I agree with your check on the turn. A blocking bet, or another check is advisable on the river. I am inclined to believe he has hit his flush on the turn or trips on the river.

Acein8ter
06-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Ugly is right, 3 flush board on the turn and a paired board on the river...

It's a tough one for sure. Maybe a PSB on the flop or an overbet? ~15? I know a lot of players are not calculating odds for their draws and tend to call bets even though it's clearly -ev. (Especially at uNL)

It's a bit of drawy board for sure, 2 clubs and 9J out there. Did he hit a set of 9's? Or maybe raised w/AQ clubs?
He is in position to make this kind of play, but then again, he's a 17 so he probably has something...

orig!naL
06-08-2007, 11:48 AM
I doubt he is on a straight draw, although the sample size sucks. Assuming those are his normal stats, I would be surprised to see him raise QT from MP. Obviously its possible but I think a more accurate range would be any PP, AK, AQs, AJs - if he's not a total donk and realizes he is going to be playing this pot in position we may be able to expand his range to: ATs, KQ, QJ. (typically at these limits calling a 3-bet I'm thinking huge PP, AK, AQ, AJs at the least)

I hate playing drawy boards OOP and thats why I think you have to be more conservative here. The flop bet looks fine, but after he calls I'm going to try and check this down. The turn and river are both huge scare cards and what are you really beating at this point? QQ is the only real hand I can see him taking this far that you beat.

Check turn
Check river / fold to river bet unless he gives you a VERY nice price.

ama0330
06-08-2007, 11:56 AM
You beat one hand only on the river. c/c

creamfillin
06-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Not getting why you would bet this river, let him bluff you with a worse hand.

thawannabe
06-08-2007, 12:11 PM
crap turn and even worse river

i prolly bet the turn to fold out weak hands afraid of the flush, but c/f river cuz you only beat one hand.