PDA

View Full Version : Have I played this correctly?

Brayn
06-08-2007, 05:40 AM
Today I played Heads-Up NLHE no blinds increasing on PokerStars for 11$. Below is what happened:

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t15/t30
2 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
SB: t1635
Hero: t1365

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises to t120</font>, Hero calls t90 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t150)</font>.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (t240, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets t240</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in t1245</font>, SB calls t1005 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1725)</font>.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (t2730, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t2730)

River: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (t2730, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t2730)

Results (in white):
Final pot: t2730
<font color="#ffffff">Hero showed Ad Ks</font>
<font color="#ffffff">SB showed [Qc Th] and won (2730) with two pair, Queens and Tens</font>

My question is, was my all-in move correct? Poker odds calculator says my chances to win were 51.21% but is it good to be involved in such "coin-flips"? Should I rather fold, since there are no blinds increasing and I have time? -English is not my native language, thanks for the answers.

JavaNut
06-08-2007, 05:53 AM
I would reraise preflop.

On the flop I would bet not check.

As it was played, perhaps just call his flop bet and see what happens.

ocdscale
06-08-2007, 05:59 AM
I disagree, this is almost always fold or all-in.
The raise is okay, you still have some fold equity and you're a flip with most paired hands. I'd rather lead the flop though.
Raise preflop is standard, although sometimes I cold-call in BvB.

Note: If you had 3bet preflop, definitely shove this flop, don't check it over.

Brayn
06-08-2007, 06:19 AM
Blinds were 15-30.

[ QUOTE ]
As it was played, perhaps just call his flop bet and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't want to just call, because I would get in trouble on turn if I didn't hit my flush. :/
He was an aggressive player and liked to bluff a lot.

JavaNut
06-08-2007, 07:33 AM
I might be wrong in suggesting to call after the SB flop bet, but what it comes down to is that the check on the flop is what has put us in this spot of bother.

In the actual hand SB is not in a very good state after a good sized bet at the flop. Lowish TP with so-so kicker against a one-suited flop, it is HU but it still is not really promising is it?

Certainly after a preflop reraise and a strong lead at the flop SB will save his chips for the next hand.

scorpion_nz
06-08-2007, 07:44 AM
I probably would 3-bet preflop, but as played, I think the check-raise all-in after smooth-calling preflop is fine. We have a great semi-bluffing hand and good fold equity when villain bets the flop. AK with K of spades is actually a favorite here. The only card that cripples us is As, and I'd consider it a cooler if he has it. NH.