PDA

View Full Version : KK in BvB - Best line to double up? (FTP $28K Gtd)

Rocco
06-08-2007, 05:38 AM
Blinds are 50/100 and we're close to the 1st break I think. So far, I've taken almost every opportunity (~5 times) to steal the blinds from Button or CO and they have let me do it without a fight. My stack is down to ~2000 from 3000 after a couple of raises and continuation bets gone bad. BB has around 4500 and seems an average player at this level...

I'm dealt K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the SB and of course it's folded around to me. I raise to 300 and expect to win a mere big blind with my first real hand. Bitterness turns to joy when BB re-raises to 700... I see my opportunity to double up and flat call.

Correct? I thought flat calling would be the best way to get further action on the flop, no? He would probably be able to lay down semi-good hands and medium pairs if I 4-bet all-in. And by checking the flop he would pretty much commit himself to the pot with a continuation bet.

Flop comes A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Bummer... Why would this flop be kind to me when every other has missed me completely? Anyway, there's no way I can put him on an ace and lay down to further action, right? I checked to induce a continuation bet... Villain bet 1200 and I pushed my remaining 1300-1400 into the pot.

How's my line?

curtains
06-08-2007, 05:58 AM
Go allin of course, you only have 1300 behind after calling. Your opponent is pot committed preflop and you actually don't mind them folding if they have some weird ace. But ok no way in hell they are folding anyway.

Rocco
06-08-2007, 06:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Go allin of course, you only have 1300 behind after calling. Your opponent is pot committed preflop and you actually don't mind them folding if they have some weird ace. But ok no way in hell they are folding anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think he would fold a bluff if I 4-bet all-in pre-flop, whereas I could get him to cont bet the very same bluff if I just call and then check the flop?

betgo
06-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Just push of course. You are only 76% against a top 25% hand and 83% against a random ahnd and villain puts in about 31% of the money to call the push, so you don't even mind if he folds to the push. Plus when you flat call, some of the time he doesn't get all the money in, but he always does if he makes a hand ahead of KK. This is taking slowplaying big pairs way too far.