PDA

View Full Version : I know its all one big session, but answer me this

schwerd2
02-21-2006, 01:00 AM
anyone ever think that your winning rate could go down the longer your are at a table? For instance in B&M, when I first sit down I get a lot of action with my raises. However after a while when people realize I am TAG, they dont pay me off as much on my good hands.

Rather than switching it up and changing my play, I like to get up around half my buy in, and then take a break, and move to another table. Anyone else experience this?

I know it doesnt occur as much online because people come and go so much. But B&M games people play for hours and hours upon end.

captZEEbo
02-21-2006, 03:59 AM
you should learn to mix up your game probably

bernie
02-21-2006, 05:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
anyone ever think that your winning rate could go down the longer your are at a table? For instance in B&M, when I first sit down I get a lot of action with my raises. However after a while when people realize I am TAG, they dont pay me off as much on my good hands.

Rather than switching it up and changing my play, I like to get up around half my buy in, and then take a break, and move to another table. Anyone else experience this?

I know it doesnt occur as much online because people come and go so much. But B&M games people play for hours and hours upon end.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you going to do when everyone 'knows' about you? pfft.

I'm known as one of the tighter players in my normal game. I get paid off repeatedly by the same people over and over. If you're not getting much action, loosen up a bit. It's stupid to leave a great game and find another one. You can't run from the swings.

b

jzpiano
02-21-2006, 05:47 AM
Raise PF with 72o, bluff until everybody folds, show bluff, take their money playing as a TAG until they realize it, rinse and repeat

RydenStoompala
02-21-2006, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise PF with 72o...show bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

"I thought I had Kings! I gotta slow down. Hey waitress...another MGD!" See if you get any action then.

RussianBear
02-21-2006, 03:21 PM
I prefer to play live for the very reasons you mention. One thing I like to do live is set people up for later in the session. That's hard to do online when people come and go. When I realize that my opponents at the brick and mortar have pegged me as TAG, I enter a lot more pots because I can steal them easier. When they realize that I'm not as tight as they thought, I go back to TAG. This is easier to do live as you are playing with the same people longer. This also allows you to set them up to put plays on them later.

CrayZee
02-21-2006, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're not getting much action, loosen up a bit. It's stupid to leave a great game and find another one. You can't run from the swings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, adjustment is a player's friend. Playing alphabet ABC poker is boring anyway. At least to me it is...