PDA

View Full Version : Event #3: Blind vs. Blind with Andrew Black

JackOfSpeed
06-08-2007, 01:21 AM
WSOP Event #3 ($1500 NLH).

I've just been moved to a new table, and it's my third hand with the new crew.

On my second hand at the table (the one before this one), I reraised a button raise and small blind coldcall PF from the BB -- it probably looked an awful lot like a squeeze.

For this hand, the blinds are 100/200 (no antes). Folded to me in the small blind, and I pick up AA. The big blind/villain is Andrew Black, and he has 5900 chips. I have him covered.

My first move was to raise to 600. Andy promptly raises to 1500 with 4400 behind. Do we jam, or just call the 3-bet? (If we push he is getting about 1.7:1 on his call).

potamophobia
06-08-2007, 01:31 AM
These spots are tough because if you just call and see the flop he might get an easy lay down. For instance if he has TT and the flop comes A K 2.. he might not feel like cbetting. However if he has a weak hand like 87s or something, it might be better to let him hit something on the flop. So basically I gave you no answer and Ill leave it at that.

uclabruinz
06-08-2007, 01:36 AM
Definite shove.

curtains
06-08-2007, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
WSOP Event #3 ($1500 NLH).

I've just been moved to a new table, and it's my third hand with the new crew.

On my second hand at the table (the one before this one), I reraised a button raise and small blind coldcall PF from the BB -- it probably looked an awful lot like a squeeze.

For this hand, the blinds are 100/200 (no antes). Folded to me in the small blind, and I pick up AA. The big blind/villain is Andrew Black, and he has 5900 chips. I have him covered.

My first move was to raise to 600. Andy promptly raises to 1500 with 4400 behind. Do we jam, or just call the 3-bet? (If we push he is getting about 1.7:1 on his call).

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see calling here. I really don't like slowplaying hands most of the time, especially out of position, but your hand is very undefined if you call his raise and he should have every reason to believe you will fold to a c-bet on many flops.

Allin is also fine ofc /images/graemlins/smile.gif You know what screw it just go allin. Your hand is still not that well defined, he can call with lots of stuff.

ianisakson
06-08-2007, 02:18 AM
no answer, pushing and calling are both probably very close expected value-wise against a good player like him (is he even good?)

shaundeeb
06-08-2007, 03:37 AM
I always call here and c/shove the flop.