PDA

View Full Version : Is this legal?

whitelime
06-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Creating a ton of shirts that say "UltimateBet won't let me cashout" and handing them out to people in Vegas...

AlanF1
06-06-2007, 04:29 PM
sounds pretty legal to me

Orlando Salazar
06-06-2007, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Creating a ton of shirts that say "UltimateBet won't let me cashout" and handing them out to people in Vegas...

[/ QUOTE ]
Ultimate bet is tradmarked and would be entitled to any profits. However, since you're giving them away, and your claims are factual, I doubt they have legal grounds to sue you. Especially since they are operating illegally.

MiltonFriedman
06-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Sure. Stupid, but legal.

FatalError
06-06-2007, 07:22 PM
do it, i'll wear one

i don't think i've seen any UB people at the rio though

TheJokerIsWild
06-06-2007, 08:26 PM
What is there reason for not letting you cashout? I've never had a problem there cashing out.

Coy_Roy
06-06-2007, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is there reason for not letting you cashout? I've never had a problem there cashing out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cashed out for $6,000 last week, without incident.

This is a pretty negative way to spend one's energy I think.

yahboohoo
06-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Legal? I don't think it's technically in violation of any laws per se.

However, how a trademark gets used is entirely up to the owner of the mark. If someone like yourself is using the mark in a manner that the mark's owner didn't approve, the trademark's owner can sue (1) to prohibit the violator from using the mark, and (2) for any damages associated with unauthorized use.

In this case, they would probably prevail, although they are unlikely to actually take action against you because of the negative PR they'd get. But if they connect that shirt with your name, you can kiss your $6k goodbye.

If you're really committed to the endeavor, just print "UB won't let me cashout."

Or stop colluding and using bots /images/graemlins/wink.gif