PDA

View Full Version : $100+r nuts v. dariomineri

DDBeast
06-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Villain is major lag Dariominieri, who's been repopping the [censored] out of me. I've folded to all of these repops.

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t200 (8 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com (http://www.pregopoker.com/hhconv/convert)

UTG (t18728)
UTG+1 (t6825)
MP1 (t3580)
Hero (t9186)
CO (t14119)
Button (t6410)
SB (t2400)
BB (t7252)

Preflop: Hero is in MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t600</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to t1600</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, Hero calls t1000

Flop: (t3500) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: (t3500) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t2000</font>, CO calls t2000

River: (t7500) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)
Hero checks...

0evg0
06-04-2007, 05:38 PM
bet more on turn, like 2900. if he's calling 2k he's calling 2900, plus you'd never bluff so small there.

also, that'll leave you like 4600 and make a river shove perfect

stealthmunk
06-04-2007, 06:14 PM
shove preflop.

nath
06-04-2007, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bet more on turn, like 2900. if he's calling 2k he's calling 2900, plus you'd never bluff so small there.

[/ QUOTE ]
2k isn't that small

0evg0
06-04-2007, 06:22 PM
ya it is. it's a 1/2PSB in a RR pot.

Dario isn't folding a pair to a turn bet, so maximize it.

nath
06-04-2007, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a 1/2PSB in a RR pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
...is NOT THAT SMALL in a tournament

NHFunkii
06-04-2007, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is major lag Dariominieri, who's been repopping the [censored] out of me. I've folded to all of these repops.

[/ QUOTE ]

so uh... shove preflop?

curtains
06-04-2007, 08:04 PM
I would reraise PF, especially if he's been reraising you a lot.

JSchnett
06-04-2007, 08:19 PM
bet or shove the river.

IWEARGOGGLES
06-04-2007, 08:46 PM
I'd play this a lot more aggressively against Dario.

I think preflop is fine but I'd bet the flop, or bet more on the turn, but definitely bet the river.

THEOSU
06-04-2007, 09:01 PM
soooo hero's been getting repopped to hell, and yet you guys want to telegraph the strength of our hand by four betting?

Bakes
06-04-2007, 09:18 PM
i'd shove the river, he can't conceiveably put you on spades and gl getting him to bluff this riv. dont [censored] 4bet plz

mastr
06-04-2007, 09:25 PM
shove river def i also liek betting more on turn to make this river shove easier for him to call.

also considering its dario, there's a lot to be said about checking turn, calling his bet then shoving river and if he checks behind turn check-shoving river. Dario will absolutely fire at some point.

NHFunkii
06-04-2007, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

soooo hero's been getting repopped to hell, and yet you guys want to telegraph the strength of our hand by four betting?

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant tell if this is a joke or not

Bakes
06-04-2007, 09:41 PM
pretty clearly not a joke?

NHFunkii
06-04-2007, 09:54 PM
well the reason I'm confused is that the fact you've been getting repopped to hell is exactly why shoving does NOT telegraph the strength of your hand.

Bakes
06-04-2007, 09:58 PM
i mean, he's folded to a bunch of repops? i think a call suggests that you are getting a little sick of him and want to take a flop, espec since this particular 3bet gives u decent odds.

i think its way easier for him to make that interpretation than think you are repopping light to counter.

ryanghall
06-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Funkii is right. Dario's going to give you far less credit since he's been reraising you a lot. I like a shove preflop, but as played I think it's very good postflop.

Ryan

THEOSU
06-05-2007, 05:38 AM
funkii,

wait wait wait wait wait.

you're suggesting that because we've folded to a bunch of reraises, when we shove we're more likely to be bluffing instead of actually having a hand? and you think i'm the one that's joking?

what's dario's calling range vs a player who's been folding all day to his reraises?

Bonified
06-05-2007, 05:41 AM
This is an interesting question. Switch it round. You're a well known LAG and you've been "repopping the [censored] out of" an unknown opponent. When he finally shoves over the top, do you think "He's finally found a big hand" or "He's just got sick of me and could be relatively weak" ?

I'd lean towards the former but would be interested in other opinions.

THEOSU
06-05-2007, 05:49 AM
bonified,

if i've been repopping him a ton, my reraise range is pretty huge, but my calling range is pretty tight. i'm quite inclined to believe he finally picked up a big hand and drop all but my best hands (of course, i suck at folding, so while i say that, i still call with more hands than i should. but i assume dario's better at folding than i am.)

so what we have here is a situation where villain's range is wider than it should be, and i'm reading several people advocating pushing, which should tell villain that we have a very strong hand, restricting our range to quite tight parameters. he should only call with a very small portion of his range, which is to say, he's not going to call often at all.

or, we can call, take a flop and since his range is wide, he's going to hit quite a few flops strongly enough that he'd be willing to get it in against us (particularly since he's laggy) as by just calling we more or less say "i'm not that strong, but i'm sick of you reraising me so i'm going to take a flop." and while he hits the flop strongly enough for that, he's still second best.

that's why calling is the better option, ldo.

NoahSD
06-05-2007, 06:18 AM
Pretty basic stuff. It's not like you can just think "OMG he's repopping light, I call with 89s!!!!" But, you can think "OMG he's repopping light, I shove 89s!!!" So, calling here looks stronger than a shove and it forgets to get lots of money in the pot.

curtains
06-05-2007, 07:13 AM
btw I like reraising SO MUCH better than calling. I basically completely hate calling out of position here. With AA it's a bit better because your hand is just so powerful. KK is of course strong but it's much easier for something annoying to happen, and you'll often let the opponent see 4 cards for free if they decide to check the flop.

Also they could easily have something like TT/99 and decide you are just fed up and go allin when u 4 bet them. Also if you call the flop could come really bad for these kinds of hands. Whatever there are like a million reasons why I wouldn't pick this as a great time to slowplay KK.

RandALLin
06-05-2007, 08:12 AM
id tank 15 seconds then shove preflop as to say "im so tired of this i should just go all in *shove*". im on the put it in preflop side. all of the people saying dario's calling range is tight, have you played mtt's with him? he gets aipf relatively light in the past vs. me idk if i am wrong. i think dario will often widen his already loose calling range b/c not only are you "taking a stand" vs. his re-raises but he has to call with about anything reasonable with his image. id say dario calls here with any pair, KQo+, AJo+. the reason i hate calling the 3bet preflop is you are out of position. if the flop is ace high you have totally botched a chance to snap off a lagtard and instead are weak tight/owned on dangerous ass boards. another reason a shove is good is that you are in late position so your opening range is widened alot in darios mind so you can valueshove preflop.

edit: didn't see your post curtains, &lt;3&lt;3

Ansky
06-05-2007, 08:32 AM
pf is fine, shove river though because dario always has a marginal hand here which he wants to induce a bluff w/. He's really bad, really nothing to it.

DDBeast
06-05-2007, 02:30 PM
My thoughts:

PF: During the hand my thought process was, I'll just call because he know's I'm getting fed up and will call with a huge range. This is clearly wrong, a push is much better since his calling range is so wide.

Flop: I can't believe he didn't bet the flop, I expect him to nearly every time.

Turn: Time to get some money in there, with the intention of making it look like a stab, though I could have bet more as Oevg said.

River: I think he's pushing a [censored]-ton more rivers than he is calling. I just don't see a whole lot of hands that are calling, but he loves to bluff.

BarryLyndon
06-05-2007, 03:37 PM
What is Dario's flop/turn/river aggression frequency? You can help solve a lot of these preflop / flop discussions if we know what spectrum of textures this guy plays big pots with.

Barry

bigballz
06-05-2007, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pf is fine, shove river though because dario always has a marginal hand here which he wants to induce a bluff w/. He's really bad, really nothing to it.

[/ QUOTE ]
QTFQTFQTFQTF. specifically the REALLY bad part.

curtains
06-05-2007, 09:17 PM
btw when an aggressive player checks K22 flop, they probably have some bluffcatcher hand like QQ/JJ. At least that would be my guess. So I would definitely not check the river. Do you honestly think he checks that flop with air as the PF aggressor? That's the only way you are going to get a bluff out of him on the river.

bigballz
06-05-2007, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
btw when an aggressive player checks K22 flop, they probably have some bluffcatcher hand like QQ/JJ. At least that would be my guess. So I would definitely not check the river. Do you honestly think he checks that flop with air as the PF aggressor? That's the only way you are going to get a bluff out of him on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe, but he's not calling the turn with air, so yea do something on the river besides checking

Bakes
06-05-2007, 10:00 PM
he's like 100% playing pot control with a pair here, you have to shove and hope he makes a hero call, or bet 2k again.

NHFunkii
06-05-2007, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
funkii,

wait wait wait wait wait.

you're suggesting that because we've folded to a bunch of reraises, when we shove we're more likely to be bluffing instead of actually having a hand? and you think i'm the one that's joking?

what's dario's calling range vs a player who's been folding all day to his reraises?

[/ QUOTE ]

people aren't just mindless robots. if someone's folding a lot to your 3bets, you notice that they're folding a lot to your 3bets and you're most likely going to try and lay off them for a while until you get a good hand, hoping that they'll be sick of you. I guarantee this thought has occurred to dario (OP might 4bet light) if he's really been abusing him (3 or more 3bets where OP folded preflop in a small amount of time)

In other words, this situation both decreases the range that dario 3bets with (or if not the range, the frequency, which are usually somewhat in line), AND widens his calling range.

Essentially this is confusing because there are two factors at work: he's folding a lot so he's weak and likely to fold, and he's folding a lot so he's fed up with me and likely to go nuts. I personally think the second one is so much more significant in this situation that I actually thought you were joking in your post, so take that for whatever it's worth.

DDBeast
06-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Curtains- you're right. He can't have air, and that means since it's dario he's calling. In the hand I bet the turn with the intention of shoving the river and I did, but he folded. I entertained the idea of checking.

Funki- you're also right. He's on a tighter range and he's calling a 4bet with pretty much all the hands he is 3 betting with. This makes my call terrible.

thanks guys