PDA

View Full Version : Mail sent to PS

MadJim420
06-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Hi, i feel that pokerstars is giving USA players an unfair advantage, meaning that pro poker players will by any means from the USA get monies on to Pokerstars.

As an average UK player i am faced with an unfair advantage.

USA law has forced this. Please can you consider splitting USA players from countries that accept online gambling.

In the LONG RUN it's in your interest... i accept that poker can be a 'game of skill' but thats only a small %age.

Best regards

Jim Smith

Coy_Roy
06-04-2007, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi, i feel that pokerstars is giving USA players an unfair advantage, meaning that pro poker players will by any means from the USA get monies on to Pokerstars.

USA law has forced this. Please can you consider splitting USA players from countries that accept online gambling.

In the LONG RUN it's in your interest... i accept that poker can be a 'game of skill' but thats only a small %age.

Best regards

Jim Smith

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

KEW
06-04-2007, 05:12 PM
What?????

MadJim420
06-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Pokerstars 'for me' is now impossible to beat. the skill level is the hardest on the net. i put it down to that they accept USA players

AlanF1
06-04-2007, 05:18 PM
huh?

MadJim420
06-04-2007, 05:28 PM
As a UK player i've seen the play getting much harder on pokerstars. I've started to play non USA sites. The truth is that it's not worth my time playing on sites that accept USA players ever if it's just for fun.

bossplayer
06-04-2007, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As a UK player i've seen the play getting much harder on pokerstars. I've started to play non USA sites. The truth is that it's not worth my time playing on sites that accept USA players ever if it's just for fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, US players are the best by far... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sean Fraley
06-04-2007, 05:33 PM
You're leveling, right?

If not, let get this straight. You want PokerStars to force U.S. players to no longer be allowed to play games with players from other countries because players from the U.S. are better than you, and are attempting to justify this request by making some vague reference to the UIGEA?

dozer
06-04-2007, 05:33 PM
You need to drop down a level or two, sir.

MadJim420
06-04-2007, 05:34 PM
I agree, But its only the players making money from the game that are playing now, for me thats no fun

Sean Fraley
06-04-2007, 05:35 PM
I've got a better idea: Learn to play better.

MadJim420
06-04-2007, 05:38 PM
You're leveling, right?

If not, let get this straight. You want PokerStars to force U.S. players to no longer be allowed to play games with players from other countries because players from the U.S. are better than you, and are attempting to justify this request by making some vague reference to the UIGEA?

Yeah this is what im saying.. the USA fish have gone, wtf should i play against the better players

PBJaxx
06-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Quit crying and move to the US where your only options are the "hardest" sites on the net. Also, enjoy not paying taxes on your winnings /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BluffTHIS!
06-04-2007, 05:43 PM
MadJim,

Why are you complaining about stars and US players when all you have to do is play where we're not allowed now? How bout your own Ladbrokes that never took us? Get a grip.

LeapFrog
06-04-2007, 05:46 PM
The real danger to the game is short stacking German players.

bossplayer
06-04-2007, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The real danger to the game is short stacking German players.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

MadJim420
06-04-2007, 06:02 PM
LOL i had to get this out. But i would still feel better if poker was played on an iternational level. without banning any nationallity

vilemerchant
06-04-2007, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL i had to get this out. But i would still feel better if poker was played on an iternational level. without banning any nationallity

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus christ just go play on party or something if you don't want to play against the PS nits. There are heaps of soft sites out there, and even before UIGEA pokerstars always had the tightest, nittiest games IMO.

sethypooh21
06-04-2007, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Best regards

Jim Smith

[/ QUOTE ]I'm sure you know exactly what you mean to say. I just have no idea, and I've read your letter 3 times.

jkpoker
06-04-2007, 07:33 PM
I had to double check make sure i wasn't in laughs and links

Wongboy
06-04-2007, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Best regards

Jim Smith

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really ironic. I just sent PS a letter telling them that I want to play ONLY against people from the UK since their lower intelligence makes them easier to beat. At least we agree that UK poker players are generally really bad.

driller
06-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Jesus, I wish I could play on Party.

frommagio
06-04-2007, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Best regards

Jim Smith

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't our great language come from your side of the pond? Could you make a minimal effort to use it intelligently?

questions
06-04-2007, 10:21 PM
PS is hard, though I think full tilt is hardest.

PS' advantage is that it has the largest number of players, so selecting a good table is as easy as clicking the x and moving to another looser table.

But for the record, I was playing yesterday morning at a full-ring table, and every player except me was non-American - Australia, Germany, France, Argentina, Russia, couple other places.

Richas
06-05-2007, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is really ironic. I just sent PS a letter telling them that I want to play ONLY against people from the UK since their lower intelligence makes them easier to beat. At least we agree that UK poker players are generally really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oi, matey stop it. Mad boy is on a wind up that's all. Some of us UK players choose FT and Stars and some of us do OK.

I had to laugh at the Ladbrokes magazine they gave away with the UK Poker Payer magazine this month, 70 pages of promo. They had a two page spread of the top 10 reasons to choose Laddies and in at number 4 with a pic of Phil Ivey with a red circle and a line through him had the headlne and the headline "NO US PROS" blah blah blah..."some American sites can be hellish places in which to grind out results"

Wongboy
06-05-2007, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oi, matey stop it. Mad boy is on a wind up that's all. Some of us UK players choose FT and Stars and some of us do OK.

I had to laugh at the Ladbrokes magazine they gave away with the UK Poker Payer magazine this month, 70 pages of promo. They had a two page spread of the top 10 reasons to choose Laddies and in at number 4 with a pic of Phil Ivey with a red circle and a line through him had the headlne and the headline "NO US PROS" blah blah blah..."some American sites can be hellish places in which to grind out results"

[/ QUOTE ]

It is an interesting marketing approach. Sort of "only idiots play here".

This might actually backfire judging by the number of players who complain when someone makes a stupid play at the table. The average player thinks that you can't beat players who make loose calls, etc., so they might actually prefer to play against pros.

autobet
06-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Jim, do we have a little sand in our vagina?

Aren't there plenty of sites to play without American? Is Party too tough?

Nuevo99
06-05-2007, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're leveling, right?

Yeah this is what im saying.. the USA fish have gone, wtf should i play against the better players

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes no sense. Your problem is you lost the American fish (that is everyone's problem). What you really need is more European fish on your site.

Take out the American pros and the game might get a bit easier for you, but not that much easier.

The fact is the majority of the fish were from the US (the majority of the players were from the US which is why PS is still trying to hold on as long as they can). Without an American base of players your games are never going to be as lucrative as they once were. Let's face it, it's going to be as tight as a Crypto site.

But otherwise I hear what you are saying. Those sites would be better off marketing Europe and getting as many casual players from there as possible, because in the US that is pretty much a lost cause at this point unless something changes legally.

bap2086
06-05-2007, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You need to drop down a level or two, sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

but hes already playing 25 nl

MiltonFriedman
06-06-2007, 01:22 PM
OP is a losing player who has found a new reason to blame, rather than fix leaks or holes in his own game.

Do not discourage him.