PDA

View Full Version : A limit hand!??! (WSOP 5k)

Bond18
06-02-2007, 03:54 PM
This hand is from the last hour of the 5k mixed holdem event.

Villain is ted lawson, whos a fairly bad, sometimes aggro, sometimes weak player. About 6 hours previous to this he raised and i flat called him with 86ss and busted his top set when he slow played, and ever since he thinks i'm a bit of a donk. However since then, i've really only shown down large hands, so perhaps his image of me has adjusted.

My stack: 52,000ish
His: 35,000ish

2000/4000 limit with 1000/2000 blinds.

I hold A /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the BB, lawson is the hijack. I would likely 3 bet a CO raise, and always a button/SB raise.

Preflop: Folds to HJ, HJ raises to 4000, folds to hero in BB, hero calls.

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero checks, HJ bets, hero calls (?)

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero bets 4000

Thoughts on the line thus far? Whats your plan if he calls? If he raises? Extrapolate to river please.

NoahSD
06-02-2007, 04:10 PM
(Disclaimer: I've played like 20 hands of limit so everything I say here will be wrong.)

I think probably c/r flop planning to call a 3-bet and c/f turn. You've got him crushed usually, board is really draw heavy, etc.

As played, I like the turn bet, planning to call a raise. Regardless of turn action, c/f club rivers and c/c everything else I think.

gobboboy
06-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Check/raise, call down against a 3bet, fold to a jack but call down otherwise. If you hit an ace I probably still just call down.

If he raises your turn bet, dump it.

Scary_Tiger
06-02-2007, 04:36 PM
I would c/r flop always. Once you've check called, I like the turn bet unless he's super aggro, which you indicated he wasn't. I'm never folding to a turn raise here, so if he raises, call and check/call all rivers. If he calls, bet/fold the river.

thebeebster
06-02-2007, 04:38 PM
i don't know anything about relative chip stacks in limit tourneys but in a non tourney bubble you're not folding to a turn raise. i guess calling down after a turn raise means lawson will have 15k left, which is way short for nl. how far are you time wise from switching games?

you asked for a river extrapolation, but it really depends on the river card. an A,K,J,9 or spade changes things a lot.

Randers
06-02-2007, 06:22 PM
I saw this hand go down as i was new to the table.

imo...

As played, You played the hand fine

But being player specific, you could tell that Lawson was deliberating on every action to kill the limit level. IE he's terrible at limit and wants to protect his stack at this level. When he put in the raise preflop, I think that slows me wayyyy down.

When he Raises you on the turn, I think i have to give up b/c ted is not playing a hand here unless he has it.

gl today

betgo
06-02-2007, 06:32 PM
This is the donk who made a fool of himself on TV winning the PLO bracelet. He has some big money finishes since in the Hendon mob database (http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=26073).

adanthar
06-02-2007, 06:41 PM
you can't really CR the turn, too many bad free cards. it's live so you can probably decide to fold to a raise, but online, if you called down you played it well.

thebeebster
06-02-2007, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but in a non tourney bubble

[/ QUOTE ]

i just realized i typed bubble here without remembering that bubble has tournament connotations. i meant in a vaccuum (cash game).

nath
06-02-2007, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the donk who made a fool of himself on TV winning the PLO bracelet.

[/ QUOTE ]
"I HAVE A STRAIGHT"

Ansky
06-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Since I'm not v good at limit I'm just gonna reply before reading the replies and see how I did.

I think the flop is a pretty obv c/r, and I'd keep betting unless the board came really bad on turn riv. If he 3bet flop or raised turn id prob call and call down.

Given that you c/c'd flop, the turn bet seems reasonable.

curtains
06-03-2007, 04:21 AM
lol at limited betting.

Infi3ld Fly
06-05-2007, 04:38 PM
raise his turn bet, call a re-raise, he could esily be re popping with a flush or straight draw or just representing a q. ceck call any river card

wpr101
06-05-2007, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lol at limited betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha

ProfessorBen
08-27-2007, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lol at limited betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what's more funny than the poo-flinging in this topic is the absolute crap advice being by half of the topic.