PDA

View Full Version : Chau Giang is BUSTO!!! and other gossip

fsuplayer
02-20-2006, 01:14 PM
i just got back from the commerce and saw chau not playing in the big game, but in 400-800 mixed games.

when i said something at the table, a vegas reg who i have played w before said that he had blown through nearly all of an $18 million bankroll. the vegas reg was visited by joe awada while we were playing, so i assume he has at least some inside info!

to those saying 400-800 or even 600-1200 are very high, understand that those are roughly 10-20% of the stakes that he was consistantly playing several months before.

anyone else hear about this??

also, david banyanmine (sp. ?) played for like 3 days straight at the commerce, mostly at the big game (2k-4k) and was reportedly stuck a million.

lastly, maxlager (max muller or something is his real name) is big online player who has been playing for 6 yrs since he was 15yrs old. he wired over a cool $1million to play the big game this past week and apparently he was cleaning up, even while playing doyle HU in mixed games. the last night however he played a long session in 600-1200, and was reportedly getting his ass handed to him. i wonder if he chose to sit out the main game that night bc ivey showed up that day??

thats all i got for now, ill try and remember more.

emil3000
02-20-2006, 01:21 PM
Awesome stuff, hope some of the other 2p2ers there can chime in with more.

tom10167
02-20-2006, 01:23 PM
That sucks about Giang, since that's like... their friend, I wonder how they feel about it.

Kneel B4 Zod
02-20-2006, 01:27 PM
good stuff.

also, put me in the camp of "when I get $18 million dollars, I'm not working anymore"

I'm certainly not working at a job where losing all my money is a possibility

brandon
02-20-2006, 01:42 PM
I was talking to one of the dealers at the bellagio last time I was there. He says he deals the big game a lot and he is an awesome dealer(so I believe him). I asked him who the donator was in the big game and he said Chau. The dealer also said the prop bets are where a lot of the money changes hands.

A combonation of a nasty downswing, tilt, craps, and prop bets could easily destroy a 18 million bankroll.

Chau wont stay broke for long.

NLfool
02-20-2006, 01:44 PM
yeah that giang rumor has been floating around for a bit. 400/800 is hardly busto though.

ipp147
02-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Woohoo.

Best post on this forum for ages.

Whats Chau's bankroll now then?

From 18m to ?m

brandon
02-20-2006, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Woohoo.

Best post on this forum for ages.

Whats Chau's bankroll now then?

From 18m to ?m

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlimited

A guy like that will have no problem getting backing, if he really needs it. Plus he can easily make 250k a month slumming it at 400/800.

Sponger.
02-20-2006, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lastly, maxlager (max muller or something is his real name) is big online player who has been playing for 6 yrs since he was 15yrs old. he wired over a cool $1million to play the big game this past week and apparently he was cleaning up, even while playing doyle HU in mixed games.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the kinda fat kid with the bowl hair cut that made him look like andy milonakis?

astroglide
02-20-2006, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Plus he can easily make 250k a month slumming it at 400/800.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, 1bb/hr for 10 hours per day, every day of the month is pretty easy.

Sponger.
02-20-2006, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why would he make 1bb/hr when he could just make 2bb/hr and play 8 hours a day and take a few days off?

JohnnyHumongous
02-20-2006, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why would he make 1bb/hr when he could just make 2bb/hr and play 8 hours a day and take a few days off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, the old 6BB/100 winrate at 400/800, piece of cake!

augie_
02-20-2006, 02:51 PM
400-800 isn't quite busto, but i wonder if he really did go busto and now he's backed in the 400-800. that sucks, especially since barry said he's one of the best.

wow, maxlager is only 21? did not know that. cool.

phish
02-20-2006, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and if he multi-tables, he can up his win rate to 80 BB/hr.

Army Eye
02-20-2006, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
good stuff.

also, put me in the camp of "when I get $18 million dollars, I'm not working anymore"

[/ QUOTE ]

Do note that losing your bankroll is not the same as losing all your money.

bobbyi
02-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Does Commerce get these 2k/4k games regularly? Are they just out in the high limit room or are they in a back room somewhere? Are they listed on the board? I haven't noticed these huge games when I've been there, but I didn't really look around and was mostly just paying attention to my 20/40 game.

Kneel B4 Zod
02-20-2006, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do note that losing your bankroll is not the same as losing all your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

in this case, the evidence would seem to disagree with you.

MaxPower
02-20-2006, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was talking to one of the dealers at the bellagio last time I was there. He says he deals the big game a lot and he is an awesome dealer(so I believe him). I asked him who the donator was in the big game and he said Chau. The dealer also said the prop bets are where a lot of the money changes hands.

A combonation of a nasty downswing, tilt, craps, and prop bets could easily destroy a 18 million bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt that this Bellagio dealer is capable of making this judgment

tom10167
02-20-2006, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You beat me to it. A lot of dealers will just say some retarded BS because they don't like a player. These are players that argue with me about the most trivial things in Hold 'Em and then criticize high stakes(75-150) stud players' play, a game to which they admit to not knowing how to play.

Your dealer doesn't know who the huge donator is, and isn't good enough to see the difference in ability between any of the regulars in that game.

ajml
02-20-2006, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Awesome stuff, hope some of the other 2p2ers there can chime in with more.

[/ QUOTE ] lol i doubt chau agrees with this

ZBTHorton
02-20-2006, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it take a rocket scientist to realize who wins and loses?

He didn't say the dealer said Chau is the worst poker player, just the guy who hasn't been winning money.

I think we all can count chips pretty well when someone buys in with 500K and leaves with nothing.

Roswell
02-20-2006, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does Commerce get these 2k/4k games regularly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually the biggest games are 400/800 mix and 20/40 NLHE. The big game was only there this weekend because of the LAPC.

nolanfan34
02-20-2006, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Max, don't try to use your crafty logic to distract us from the fact that Chau is BUSTO! Let's get back on topic people.

Schneids
02-20-2006, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lastly, maxlager (max muller or something is his real name) is big online player who has been playing for 6 yrs since he was 15yrs old. he wired over a cool $1million to play the big game this past week and apparently he was cleaning up, even while playing doyle HU in mixed games.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the kinda fat kid with the bowl hair cut that made him look like andy milonakis?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mimi Tran could sing nothing but praises for the kid, though I have a little but of doubt if it was really Max Muller (btw Max is not his real first name but that is the alias he uses online). She said he seems very adapt at all games and is a very tough opponent and can definitely hold his own in that game. I'll try to find out from my Norwegian buds if it was really Muller.

TheAnswer
02-20-2006, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's "MadCaddy", or at least what I/many have always known him as. He may go by other things online now, but he fits your description in that hes been commercing/online pokering since he was 15. He is always playing the biggest games there, and hes very good and very volatile - hes bought and sold his mercedes more than once.

El Diablo
02-20-2006, 06:41 PM
fsu,

Awesome thread. I'm disappointed that it's Chau that's BUSTO since I dig his style, but nonetheless, GREAT GOSSIP!!!!

esbesb
02-20-2006, 06:56 PM
Chau is the #1 smartest poker player in the world, so this is not possible.

fsuplayer
02-20-2006, 07:15 PM
diablo-

i started this thread with you in mind.

see what you missed by not joining us?!

El Diablo
02-20-2006, 07:31 PM
fsu,

Did you hear any rumors about gigabet?

ZBTHorton
02-20-2006, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fsu,

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been told numerous times to some pros that I know that Giga was in debt to half of the poker world before he had his 5 Diamond finish.

Sponger.
02-20-2006, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been told numerous times to some pros that I know that Giga was in debt to half of the poker world before he had his 5 Diamond finish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be prepared for 1/2 of the STT forum to come in and flip out after this post.

El Diablo
02-20-2006, 08:04 PM
ZBT,

[ QUOTE ]
I've been told numerous times to some pros that I know that Giga was in debt to half of the poker world after he had his 5 Diamond finish.

[/ QUOTE ]

"FYP"

ZBTHorton
02-20-2006, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Be prepared for 1/2 of the STT forum to come in and flip out after this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

They can flip out however much they want.

I have 0 evidence. Just word of mouth. This forum is labeled "gossip" after all.

Caldarooni
02-20-2006, 08:12 PM
El D and Others,

More Giga News!! This is exciting stuff.

El Diablo
02-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Cald,

I have heard these rumors from well over 10 tourney pros claiming they are absolutely true facts. I have not bothered to dig deeper and find out any facts, as he doesn't owe me any money. I'm sure many of the MTT forum regulars could fill in details if they cared to do so.

Caldarooni
02-20-2006, 08:22 PM
El D,

Thanks for the update. I thought Giga only played MTTs and SNGs where it would take some serious effort to go BUSTO.

This news is certainly surprising.

Also, the possibility that Giga may have owed you money makes me smile.

gilbert
02-20-2006, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fsu,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope he redeems himself after the one hand he played in the ultimate poker showdown this past weekend. i know pretty much nothing about tournaments, but his play was pretty poor.

i'm looking forward to seeing him in the bellagio wpt event.

Huckster
02-21-2006, 02:43 AM
I promise you that Chau is not bust. I played 1K a point Chinese poker with him a month ago, and he played 2K-4K NLHE,NL2-7 and PLHE two weeks ago. He may not have had a large BR with him this weekend. His box at the Bellagio runath over trust me.

csuf_gambl0r
02-21-2006, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I promise you that Chau is not bust. I played 1K a point Chinese poker with him a month ago, and he played 2K-4K NLHE,NL2-7 and PLHE two weeks ago. He may not have had a large BR with him this weekend. His box at the Bellagio runath over trust me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You = Huck Seed?

Huckster
02-21-2006, 03:23 AM
I prefer Huckleberry. It has been rumored that I am bust, on drugs, in therapy and a host of other nonsense. I do not play as many sessions or as long of seesions as I used to due to other intrests.
Most people think that they know who the contributors to the big game are. They would be surprised to find out the truth.

tom10167
02-21-2006, 03:26 AM
I put Jen Harmann and Doyle Brunson at the top of the list.

Timer
02-21-2006, 06:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I prefer Huckleberry. It has been rumored that I am bust, on drugs, in therapy and a host of other nonsense. I do not play as many sessions or as long of seesions as I used to due to other intrests.
Most people think that they know who the contributors to the big game are. They would be surprised to find out the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're Huck Seed I'm Marlon Brando.

Justin A
02-21-2006, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're Marlon Brando?

brandon
02-21-2006, 07:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1.25BB*55hours*4.4 weeks= $242,000

Mason Malmuth
02-21-2006, 07:34 AM
Hi fsuplayer:

I really doubt this. Chau is someone who likes to play and doesn't always require the biggest game which I suspect was full.

Best wishes,
Mason

fsuplayer
02-21-2006, 08:21 AM
mason-

the big game wasnt full once the entire time for the 4 days i was there.

love,

fsuplayer

KaneKungFu123
02-21-2006, 08:36 AM
How did he build an 18 million bankroll?

Bud Light
02-21-2006, 09:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lay it on us, Huckleberry.

Bud Light
02-21-2006, 09:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How old is Doyle? He has to start losing his poker skillz at some point doesn't he? That stock market stunt he pulled sure makes it look like he's gone about half crazy.

boc4life
02-21-2006, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be surprised if Jen Harman is a donator in that game...She's been playing in it for a long time, with what other sources of income? No books royalties, only big tournament cash I can think of is the one WSOP Circuit event

I think the economics of poker dictate that if a player is going to sit in that game constantly over a long term, and lose money in the long term, there has to be outside sources of money coming in. Doyle certainly qualifies in that respect

sekrah
02-21-2006, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be surprised if Jen Harman is a donator in that game...She's been playing in it for a long time, with what other sources of income? No books royalties, only big tournament cash I can think of is the one WSOP Circuit event

I think the economics of poker dictate that if a player is going to sit in that game constantly over a long term, and lose money in the long term, there has to be outside sources of money coming in. Doyle certainly qualifies in that respect

[/ QUOTE ]

I would wager/guess that Doyle is one of the main contributors to the big game. Others would probably be athletes and businessmen looking for the thrill.

crow1713
02-21-2006, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you dead?

jcmoussa
02-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Didnt she inherit a few million dollars from a dead relative?

LearnedfromTV
02-21-2006, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Others would probably be athletes and businessmen looking for the thrill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know if Michael Jordan has ever played in the Big Game (or otherwise large stakes poker)?

sekrah
02-21-2006, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Others would probably be athletes and businessmen looking for the thrill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know if Michael Jordan has ever played in the Big Game (or otherwise large stakes poker)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I remember reading that MJ has sat down at this game, can't remember where I saw it though.. It was a while ago.

cpitt398
02-21-2006, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Didnt she inherit a few million dollars from a dead relative?

[/ QUOTE ]

no

grdred944
02-21-2006, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
also, david banyanmine (sp. ?) played for like 3 days straight at the commerce, mostly at the big game (2k-4k) and was reportedly stuck a million.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. I heard similar comments re. DB. Sorry to hear that about Chau.

PokerGenius
02-21-2006, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know Michael Jordan played poker on the Bulls charter plane HU vs Dennis Rodman. This is why Rodman won celebrity poker. Anyone know of any stories of Jordan playing poker?

Xellos
02-21-2006, 05:04 PM
I somehow doubt he went on a 2,000+ big bet downswing.

PokerPaul
02-21-2006, 05:39 PM
for what its worth, when i was in vegas 2 weeks ago, i was in the hi limit poker section at bellagio sweating a headsup match between Chau and MAtusow.

Chau cleaned out Matusow in less than 2 hours and his 50 k BR. Mike left, came back 20 minutes later with what looked like another 50....chau took that also in less than 2 hours.

Mike left and was done.

I wonder why mike would choose to play the BEST player in the room, when he probably could have taken down any other game their with a big edge for him.

octop
02-21-2006, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
for what its worth, when i was in vegas 2 weeks ago, i was in the hi limit poker section at bellagio sweating a headsup match between Chau and MAtusow.

Chau cleaned out Matusow in less than 2 hours and his 50 k BR. Mike left, came back 20 minutes later with what looked like another 50....chau took that also in less than 2 hours.

Mike left and was done.

I wonder why mike would choose to play the BEST player in the room, when he probably could have taken down any other game their with a big edge for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because hes a jackass with an ego problem.

roundmound
02-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Daniel's blog talks about Celine Dion's husband playing in the game a bunch. He is probably the main donator.

mmbt0ne
02-21-2006, 08:12 PM
**THIS JUST IN**

I was up on the northside of Atlanta, chilling in the Wal-Mart, when who do I see but Josh [censored] Arieh, just buying some food. Now, I'm obviously a little star struck, so I go over to see what's up. We get to talking in the aisle and I bring up that I heard he's broke. JA freaks out, flips up the collar on his striped shirt, and immediately challenges me to a 100k freeze-out with no dark checking. Things could get out of hand, so I just say, "whatever dude, enjoy your generic peanut butter, brokey" and walk off. He tried to make some lame excuse about a recipe, blah blah blah, but I could see the pains of hunger on his daughter's face.

Josh Arieh: BUSTO!!

sushijerk
02-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Does this mean Chau no longer like-a play pok-a? *nipple rub*

Georgia Avenue
02-21-2006, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
flips up the collar on his striped shirt,

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, that's called "popping" his collar, n00b...If you were half the mad skillz playa that Arieh is you'd know that...
/images/graemlins/grin.gif
--GA

tom10167
02-21-2006, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, I was going to come in here with a sarcastic comment about how it was a two HUNDRED bet swing, then I did the math.

WTF. No way. Unless he tilts after he loses to an 11 outer for 6 weeks straight there's no way he lost 2000BB in the big game.

Huckster
02-21-2006, 11:57 PM
Rene likes to play and we always enjoy playing with Rene at any level.

KudzuKing
02-22-2006, 12:40 AM
In the spirit of all the challenges flying around today,
I'd like to challenge the Huckster to a golf match.
You get to pick the # of golf clubs used. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DcifrThs
02-22-2006, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

for the first time in a long time, i laughed out [censored] loud. nice job astro.

Barron

JohnnyHumongous
02-22-2006, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, I was going to come in here with a sarcastic comment about how it was a two HUNDRED bet swing, then I did the math.

WTF. No way. Unless he tilts after he loses to an 11 outer for 6 weeks straight there's no way he lost 2000BB in the big game.

[/ QUOTE ]

The big game is a mixed game, and only certain games have a limit component (played at 4k/8k). The NL games are 100k capped per hand. So he could have lost a lot of the money that way. Also he may have lost a great deal playing pit games. Losing $18 million is a longshot but doable.

worthless
02-22-2006, 07:51 AM
HERE (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=gossip&Number=3930256&Sea rchpage=4&Main=3824573&Words=worthless&topic=&Sear ch=true#Post3930256)

I posted this several months ago and was laughed at.

I expect an apology in short order.

BlackGoat
02-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Huckster, if you are Huckleberry Seed it is awesome to see you posting here. What have you been doing these last years, if you care to comment?

I'd say, that among other players (my vote also goes to Jennifer and Doyle), how can Jerry Buss not be a huge donator at the big game? Just watch him on High Stakes Poker.

fsuplayer
02-22-2006, 10:48 AM
just to verify that you are huck seed (which isnt out of the question), what hand did you lose a 3 way all in with on saturday night at the commerce 10-20 nl game?

gilbert
02-22-2006, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HERE (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=gossip&Number=3930256&Sea rchpage=4&Main=3824573&Words=worthless&topic=&Sear ch=true#Post3930256)

I posted this several months ago and was laughed at.

I expect an apology in short order.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was such a great [censored] thread.

obs
02-27-2006, 06:13 PM
i thought i read something about giang being in the corporation against beal

maybe im wrong, but im pretty sure i read something about htat

JBB
02-27-2006, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
**THIS JUST IN**

I was up on the northside of Atlanta, chilling in the Wal-Mart, when who do I see but Josh [censored] Arieh, just buying some food. Now, I'm obviously a little star struck, so I go over to see what's up. We get to talking in the aisle and I bring up that I heard he's broke. JA freaks out, flips up the collar on his striped shirt, and immediately challenges me to a 100k freeze-out with no dark checking. Things could get out of hand, so I just say, "whatever dude, enjoy your generic peanut butter, brokey" and walk off. He tried to make some lame excuse about a recipe, blah blah blah, but I could see the pains of hunger on his daughter's face.

Josh Arieh: BUSTO!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant.

Kneel B4 Zod
02-27-2006, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
with no dark checking.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the best part

highlife
02-27-2006, 06:34 PM
i saw chau playing 4k-8k friday night at the bellagio.

lapoker17
02-27-2006, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pls don't derail this thread with facts.

highlife
02-27-2006, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pls don't derail this thread with facts.

[/ QUOTE ]

i [censored]-ing sat in seat 2, right next to him, i should know.

captZEEbo
02-27-2006, 07:20 PM
why do people think doyle/jennifer are the big donators? Barry Greenstein puts Doyle in the current top 5 poker players in the world. He also says Jennifer is very good too. I believe Barry's top 5 list of poker players: Doyle, Chip, Barry, Ivey, Chau Giang. What's not to believe? Those are probably the 5 biggest winners in those games. Possibly David Benyamine might be doing well now (after the list came out), but I'd be shocked if any of those guys are losing players.

Parlay Slow
02-27-2006, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why do people think doyle/jennifer are the big donators? Barry Greenstein puts Doyle in the current top 5 poker players in the world. He also says Jennifer is very good too. I believe Barry's top 5 list of poker players: Doyle, Chip, Barry, Ivey, Chau Giang. What's not to believe? Those are probably the 5 biggest winners in those games. Possibly David Benyamine might be doing well now (after the list came out), but I'd be shocked if any of those guys are losing players.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you had to say or do something publically to make sure the game you play in day in/day out stayed as good as ever, even if it meant telling an innocent lie, would you?

BrunoThePug
02-27-2006, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How did he build an 18 million bankroll?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever heard of bonus whoring?!?!?!?! DUH!

anduril
02-27-2006, 07:39 PM
and you are??

BrunoThePug
02-27-2006, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and you are??

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you asking me?

Ever heard of reading?!?!?! DUH!!

cantsitstillbr
02-27-2006, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Possibly David Benyamine might be doing well now (after the list came out),

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you say this? Not that I dont believe you, I just am wondering where to get the scoop on the top players.

highlife
02-27-2006, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and you are??

[/ QUOTE ]

the champagne of beers. isn't that obvious?

mistermuni
02-27-2006, 09:53 PM
party bj

David Sklansky
02-27-2006, 10:54 PM
"1.25BB*55hours*4.4 weeks= $242,000"

No human can do this.

Jihad
02-27-2006, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"1.25BB*55hours*4.4 weeks= $242,000"

No human can do this.

[/ QUOTE ]
YES HUH!!!

Ungoliant
02-27-2006, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No human can do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but what about about Chau Giang?

ImWeakTight@UCLA
02-28-2006, 12:17 AM
[censored] ive sat at 9/18 limit at commerece and done that mr skalnsky and ya i was playing another table behind me with gigabet and beat him for 900 bb in 12 minutes in heads up 100/200 limit and i was two to the left of chau gaing so i really know u arent lying

captZEEbo
02-28-2006, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Possibly David Benyamine might be doing well now (after the list came out),

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you say this? Not that I dont believe you, I just am wondering where to get the scoop on the top players.

[/ QUOTE ]well he made tons on the internet, and now he's hopped up to the big game where he's remained for a few months to a year (not sure exactly); I assume anyone lasting that long is playing well. Also Negreanu always mentions him in his blog and implies he's one of the sharks.

Isura
02-28-2006, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Mike left and was done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because hes a typical poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

bigfishead
02-28-2006, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chau never plays props. Gets pissed off about them when he's stuck and players are slowing up the game with chips flying back n forth every hand for props and trying to keep track of who is "IN" a hand and who isnt because of props in 2-7 and crap like that.

bigfishead
02-28-2006, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya why the hell would we know anything. We just here every word in that room. And they talk quite openly...but wtf do we know.

bigfishead
02-28-2006, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You beat me to it. A lot of dealers will just say some retarded BS because they don't like a player. These are players that argue with me about the most trivial things in Hold 'Em and then criticize high stakes(75-150) stud players' play, a game to which they admit to not knowing how to play.

Your dealer doesn't know who the huge donator is, and isn't good enough to see the difference in ability between any of the regulars in that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your ignorance is showing. Zip it.

bigfishead
02-28-2006, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Chau is the #1 smartest poker player in the world, so this is not possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea...disregard the fact the he even said he was broke.

bigfishead
02-28-2006, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. I heard similar comments re. DB. Sorry to hear that about Chau.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was after David took down the big game for 7.5 million in 1 week.

bigfishead
02-28-2006, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Daniel's blog talks about Celine Dion's husband playing in the game a bunch. He is probably the main donator.

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent seen Renee in that game in probably 6 months or more. My opinion only...but I think he has given up on that game for the time being anyways. However he has been playin in the $1k tourneys at Bellagio pretty regularly and cashing quite often. Including 5th this past Friday.

Smoothcall
02-28-2006, 08:27 AM
I also heard this rumor weeks back about chau being broke. But the person who told me said could be from the pit too. He alkso said Benyamine was killing them like a month or 2 ago.

fsuplayer
02-28-2006, 08:35 AM
thanks for the great info bigfish!

dmoney
02-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Does it not stand to reason that Chau is just bored as [censored] playing with the same 5 ppl every day? Maybe he wants to play with some dif ppl and the next highest limit was the 400/800 game.

Hmmm POSSIBLy. or he even was on a sick run of trash for a few days and wanted to take a break from teh big game. to just relax and have fun maybe?

Fallen Hero
02-28-2006, 05:33 PM
Maybe the man is just going through a down swing so he moved down, it happens to everyone, it doesn't mean he lost his entire roll

Smoothcall
03-04-2006, 05:10 AM
????

tom10167
03-04-2006, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe the man is just going through a down swing so he moved down, it happens to everyone, it doesn't mean he lost his entire roll

[/ QUOTE ]
A Bellagio dealer/personal finance advisor said he lost his bankroll, he lost his bankroll.

Rick305
04-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Over a span of a few days at bellagio 2 weeks ago.

chau.....25-50 NL......300-600 mixed HU

grdred944
04-14-2006, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A Bellagio dealer/personal finance advisor said he lost his bankroll, he lost his bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the fact that not only did a Bellagio dealer say he lost his bankroll but the dealer is also a personal finance advisor. Does that mean we should feel even more certain about Chau being BUSTO than if only a dealer who is only a dealer said he was BUSTO?

Not to nit-pick but I find it amusing that you felt you had to add that qualifier.

tom10167
04-14-2006, 03:38 PM
It was sarcasm.

disjunction
04-14-2006, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was sarcasm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah everyone thinks he can deal.

thekiller
04-14-2006, 04:27 PM
i canne belive it

http://www.hotrudestuff.com/files/picture/58432546.jpg

XXXNoahXXX
04-14-2006, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He tried to make some lame excuse about a recipe, blah blah blah, but I could see the pains of hunger on his daughter's face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funniest 2+2 sentence ever.

Lawrence Frank
04-15-2006, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the fact that not only did a Bellagio dealer say he lost his bankroll but the dealer is also a personal finance advisor. Does that mean we should feel even more certain about Chau being BUSTO than if only a dealer who is only a dealer said he was BUSTO?

Not to nit-pick but I find it amusing that you felt you had to add that qualifier.

[/ QUOTE ]

this guy posts here and says he has good reason to think Chau is busted which is a followup to a previous thread that also said guess what...Chau is busted. First thing out of your mouth is a sarcastic comment to discredit his assertion. It's not really that hard to believe. The FIRST person i would ask as to who is/who isn't contributing to the big game are THE DEALERS. I wouldn't trust the players word farther than i could toss a feather. Your attitude is basically comparible to that of the whole "Barry Bonds and "Did he use steroids?"" doubters. I mean you have people calling up talk radio and making online posts saying "we don't have physical proof! we don't have a smoking gun"...what? do you think there is some videotape out there which shows barry bonds bending over in the shower and sticking a syringe in his tooshy? Even then you'd probably say, "that syringe may be filled with the vitamin B12!"...cut the doubting crap out. There's an entire book written by private investigators with literal mountains of evidence. his first hand knowledge of talking to a living breathing dealer is worth something. I think Chau is BUSTO. And now here's my personal list of professional sports players i think on or were on steroids or Human Growth Hormone during their career:

Barry Bonds
Mark McGwire
Sammy Sosa
Julio Franco
Ivan Rodriguez
Juan Gonzalez
Jason Giambi
Bret Boone
Kobe Bryant
Shaq
Karl Malone
About 55% of all NFL linemen who played in the 70's and 80's
About 65% of all NFL linemen who playeing in the 80's and 90's

Now i don't want to hear another word about who IS and who ISN't on steroids. Refer to the list above.Now end this thread on my declaration and well researched facts. Goodnight!

Number27
04-15-2006, 03:11 AM
God forbid you're on my jury if I'm wrongly accused. Who needs concrete evidence? A friend of a friend told you it was true!

I'm not arguing that dealers don't know what they're talking about because my oldest brother has been a poker dealer for over five years; but your logic is so flawed it hurts. It's further magnified by the fact that you took a few players who probably did steroids and then lumped in other athletes who you have no idea about.

Kobe Bryant? Yes, he doesn't seem like the most stand-up guy in the world but where do you get off accusing him of doing steroids? There's not even a second hand report of it.

To be honest I don't care if Chau Giang lives in a box under an overpass because this is a gossip forum. That being said, I don't think it's right to come on here and accuse people who don't necessarily believe everything they read of being naive or wishy-washy.

bigfishead
04-15-2006, 09:04 AM
Just wondering since I dealt to him in that game last week.
He only had maybe $90-$110k when I got there. only had small fluctation while I was there. But I really need to know if thats busto.....cuz if it is I'm thinking I may be able to get help from the feds or something since I cant swing a fraction of that buy-in.

EDIT: My own personal speculation: Not busted, lost a ton in the big game running bad, went down a level. Playing it smart.

Lawrence Frank
04-15-2006, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
God forbid you're on my jury if I'm wrongly accused. Who needs concrete evidence? A friend of a friend told you it was true!

I'm not arguing that dealers don't know what they're talking about because my oldest brother has been a poker dealer for over five years; but your logic is so flawed it hurts. It's further magnified by the fact that you took a few players who probably did steroids and then lumped in other athletes who you have no idea about.

Kobe Bryant? Yes, he doesn't seem like the most stand-up guy in the world but where do you get off accusing him of doing steroids? There's not even a second hand report of it.

To be honest I don't care if Chau Giang lives in a box under an overpass because this is a gossip forum. That being said, I don't think it's right to come on here and accuse people who don't necessarily believe everything they read of being naive or wishy-washy.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was reported on ESPN radio (a definitive news source and leader in the sports industry) that Kobe Bryant gained over 20 pounds of 'muscle' over the offseason of 2002. Since i have been bodybuilding for over 10 years, i can easily eyeball athletes and determine if they should be bulked in the "Steroid Era" Group. If that report is true, and by the looks of it he did make significant gains, he took either 1) steroids or 2) Human Growth Hormone. Typical people who work out intensely can expect to gain 2 to 3 pounds of muscle mass IN A YEAR (not people who just START lifting, those gains are much more significant). 20 pounds of muscle mass is not humanly possible without the aid of 1) or 2) above. Did i hear someone say "flawed logic"? I should be charging for this advice its so good.I'll accept an apology within the next hour.

pokerspite
04-15-2006, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this guy posts here and says he has good reason to think Chau is busted which is a followup to a previous thread that also said guess what...Chau is busted. First thing out of your mouth is a sarcastic comment to discredit his assertion. It's not really that hard to believe. The FIRST person i would ask as to who is/who isn't contributing to the big game are THE DEALERS. I wouldn't trust the players word farther than i could toss a feather. Your attitude is basically comparible to that of the whole "Barry Bonds and "Did he use steroids?"" doubters. I mean you have people calling up talk radio and making online posts saying "we don't have physical proof! we don't have a smoking gun"...what? do you think there is some videotape out there which shows barry bonds bending over in the shower and sticking a syringe in his tooshy? Even then you'd probably say, "that syringe may be filled with the vitamin B12!"...cut the doubting crap out. There's an entire book written by private investigators with literal mountains of evidence. his first hand knowledge of talking to a living breathing dealer is worth something. I think Chau is BUSTO. And now here's my personal list of professional sports players i think on or were on steroids or Human Growth Hormone during their career:

Barry Bonds
Mark McGwire
Sammy Sosa
Julio Franco
Ivan Rodriguez
Juan Gonzalez
Jason Giambi
Bret Boone
Kobe Bryant
Shaq
Karl Malone

Now i don't want to hear another word about who IS and who ISN't on steroids. Refer to the list above.Now end this thread on my declaration and well researched facts. Goodnight!

[/ QUOTE ]

We're still waiting for the well researched facts part.

Lawrence Frank
04-15-2006, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry Bonds
Mark McGwire
Sammy Sosa
Julio Franco
Ivan Rodriguez
Juan Gonzalez
Jason Giambi
Bret Boone
Kobe Bryant
Shaq
Karl Malone

[/ QUOTE ]

We're still waiting for the well researched facts part.

[/ QUOTE ]

On Chau or steroids? Because pointing out guys (and girls) on steroids is more obvious than a Joan Rivers facelift.

Popinjay
04-15-2006, 06:57 PM
I knew Chau was juicing.

dankhank
04-15-2006, 07:49 PM
if chau giang is using steroids they aren't working

Rick305
04-15-2006, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He only had maybe $90-$110k when I got there. only had small fluctation while I was there. But I really need to know if thats busto.....cuz if it is I'm thinking I may be able to get help from the feds or something since I cant swing a fraction of that buy-in.

EDIT: My own personal speculation: Not busted, lost a ton in the big game running bad, went down a level. Playing it smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

What game were you dealing him?

tom10167
04-15-2006, 07:57 PM
I believe it was the $30-$60 they spread. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Number27
04-15-2006, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did i hear someone say "flawed logic"? I should be charging for this advice its so good.I'll accept an apology within the next hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

"I looked at the guy and knew he was on steroids so he's definitely on them. It's a fact."

You heard flawed logic because your logic is flawed.

If you're awaiting an apology then I suppose I'm sorry that you don't understand that actual evidence is needed for something to be a fact.

GreywolfNYC
04-15-2006, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if chau giang is using steroids they aren't working

[/ QUOTE ]
Very true. I saw him at the Bellagio a few weeks ago for the first time. He's kind of a little guy.

bigfishead
04-16-2006, 07:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What game were you dealing him?

[/ QUOTE ]

100-200 blinds NLHE.

DcifrThs
04-16-2006, 02:38 PM
ok, i can't sit quietly any more /images/graemlins/frown.gif

chau giang is a great guy. by far the coolest person i met at the tournament.

he's been making a living gambling forever. if he is BUSTO! im sure he'll be back. given his gambling habits there is no way he hasn't been BUSTO! many many times in his career and he's bounced back from them all.

he's worked (according to him) like 2 years in his entire life, and this guy has lived a long one

so sure, he might be BUSTO! but he'll be back!!!

now why all the h8?

Barron

bk1
04-22-2006, 12:18 PM
Chau Giang is the man!!!

forget about Doyle or Barry...